Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed (2015; PC, PS4, One)

Need for Speed (2015; PC, PS4, One)

Quote Originally Posted by GamesRadar
    According to the press release this is a "a full reboot" with developer Ghost saying that: "the game delivers on what the fans want, and what Need for Speed stands for - deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game".

There's a bit more of EA info that adds: "Need for Speed will deliver an experience that's grounded in authentic car culture by diving into the rich world of past, present and emergent trends of the urban car scene". The new game has apparently been shaped using feedback and research from EA own "car culture community" SpeedHunters.
    Link

I don't detect Hot Pursuit...

2. This is not a NFS reboot it is a NFS Underground reboot.

But now that I think about it Forza Horizon kind of is like the old school NFS games. So whatever, EA can't come at the king.

3. As much as I like Horizon, I'm ready for Open World racing to be a thing of the past. Make some finely crafted tracks, or road courses like the old games.

Guess I have Mario Kart/S&ASRT for that.

I agree with everything you said except for kart racers fulfilling the need.

On the other hand, I have the latest Hot Pursuit, Split/Second, Midnight Club II, etc. on Steam and now easily have the muscle to run them in 3D at a million fps, so I guess I don't really need anything new for at least a little while.

edit: And OutRun 2006: Coast-2-Coast! How the hell have I not tried that in 3D yet!?!

5. Need for Speed (2015; PC, PS4, One)

My point is just that the old NFS were about driving exotic cars in really nice locales. Horizon 2 seems to have been very much about the same thing. It seems to have a similar vibe.

DriveClub has tracks but I don't think it's a very interesting game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I have the latest Hot Pursuit, Split/Second, Midnight Club II, etc. on Steam and now easily have the muscle to run them in 3D at 30 and 60 FPS since they're all capped
    there you go

Racing at 144 FPS is fun

One thing about Driveclub is it's about the only arcade-ish game where you don't need a GPS. FH2 is fantastc though, and it helps that the game is laid out in a way where it doesn't always feel as open.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    My point is just that the old NFS were about driving exotic cars in really nice locales. Horizon 2 seems to have been very much about the same thing.
    Yeah, I didn't care for those vanilla NFS games though. For me the series is about the police chases and avoiding spike strips.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yeah, I didn't care for those vanilla NFS games though. For me the series is about the police chases and avoiding spike strips.
    Hot Pursuit really nailed that but there were too many time trials and shit in that game. I really need to try it on PC...

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    there you go
    God damn it.

Racing at 144 FPS is fun
    Which games are you playing that are not capped?

One thing about Driveclub is it's about the only arcade-ish game where you don't need a GPS. FH2 is fantastc though, and it helps that the game is laid out in a way where it doesn't always feel as open.
    I've become completely irrational about DriveClub. I essentially refuse to play it until I get my PS+ version.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Hot Pursuit really nailed that but there were too many time trials and shit in that game.
    I agree with that. Hot Pursut 2 on PS2 is probably still the best game in the series, though I shudder to think what it looks like these days.