Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Wrestling Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I still stand by this comment. Fuck you if you disagree.
    Cornett is a racist, sexist POS.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Cornett is a racist, sexist POS.
    As I said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Fuck you if you disagree.
    Anyway, post legit proof of your statement. And anything New Jack says doesn't count, as he's called Jim Cornette racist one second but then shows up during his interviews singing and hugging and kissing him like a long-lost lover. Dude's brain is fried beyond repair.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 29 Nov 2020 at 04:36 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I heard his quote and it was taken out of context. He was expressing confusion as to Sonny Kiss' supposed gimmick without realizing that they are legit trans, and I assume his use of "transvestite" (I'm not defending it) is from his being an out-of-touch old guy, but in the age of the internet is that really an excuse anymore?

Anyway, Cornette addressed it and apologized, but it took place during a battle royal where a lot of people had goofy and weird gimmicks (dude with no legs, dude dressed as a dinosaur, etc) and he he hates that shit. He just (incorrectly) assumed Sonny was more of the same. At least, that's his story.

He called a woman a butterface in jest. So?

It's sexist not wanting to see 110lb women do hardcore wrestling? I can see taking objection to his use of "There's no reason to allow women to do (hardcore spots)," however. Kinda sexist there, yeah.

Personally, I don't care if a woman wants to do piledrivers into glass on concrete, but whatever.

He admits that he's being sexist, although he has a obvious point that women overall are not as durable as men.

*sigh*...yeah, I heard about this, and I can't defend his choice of words there. Just a dumb - yes, and racist - thing to say.

That reminds me of Howard Cosell's infamous 1972 "look at that little monkey run" gaffe when talking about a black guy in a football game. He allegedly didn't mean it in a racist way at all, but he should have known better.

Cornette is like your inappropriate uncle that randomly says wacked-out shit at Thanksgiving. He's immensely entertaining and does have some very progressive viewpoints socially and politically, especially for a guy who lives in the middle of Trump country, and he's a massive treasure trove of old-school wrestling knowledge. But is he a perfect human being? No, of course not...in retrospect it was silly of me to ask you to post proof, as everyone knows it's out there.

He also says a ton of this kind of stuff on wrestling podcasts to varying degree of bigoted.
    Why do you listen if he offends your delicate little sensibilities so?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 01 Dec 2020 at 05:39 PM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. I don’t? They cause a stir and posted on Reddit a few times a year.

The sexism is probably the worst aspects of his personality because women have only recently been allowed to wrestle non-perverted based matches. Cornette needs a brush up in basic physics — F = ma. Women will be fine taking bumps if they want to.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    women have only recently been allowed to wrestle non-perverted based matches.
    Who wants to see that?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I don’t? They cause a stir and posted on Reddit a few times a year.
    Yet you stated so definitively that "He also says a ton of this kind of stuff on wrestling podcasts to varying degree of bigoted." Which is honestly not true, and if you're not actually hearing this first-hand and are just going by Reddit (lol), then I can't take your opinions seriously.

I'm a regular listener of his podcast and he in no way says "a ton of this kind of stuff." Stop getting info from woke sissies who love being offended.

The sexism is probably the worst aspects of his personality because women have only recently been allowed to wrestle non-perverted based matches. Cornette needs a brush up in basic physics — F = ma. Women will be fine taking bumps if they want to.
    F = ma doesn't really tell the whole story when it comes to women's wrestling. Women on average have less muscle mass/padding, less bone density, etc. If they fall equal heights I feel a woman would be worse off than a man.

But fuck it, like I said if women want to do hardcore shit or dive head-first at concrete, I don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Who wants to see that?
    Bourgeois pig.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Dec 2020 at 11:48 AM.

7. It's inevitable that some percentage of the billions of women on earth are going to be physically robust enough for rasslin.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It's inevitable that some percentage of the billions of women on earth are going to be physically robust enough for rasslin.
    Considering the fact that there are indeed women wrestlers, I'd say yes?

9. BTW, we seem to have drifted away from the original intent of this thread. Allow me to rectify that.