Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: XCOM 2 (Linux, Mac, PC)

1. Picked this up on sale yesterday, it's absolutely excellent so far and I'm only 3 missions in. Already lost one guy after a really bad luck scenario unfolded that started with a mis-clicked move, but I'm really going to try to stay away from reloading a save every time that happens. I ended up doing that a lot in Enemy Within and it really slowed down the progression. I had the issue Tain mentioned with the graphics preset at Max, but turning it down to High resolved that and it still looks awesome.

2. can you play with a controller without doing bullshit yet

I can understand the controller thing being an issue in many cases where it wouldn't bother me but why in the world would someone care about controller support for XCom? Legit question, I haven't played it.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

4. Because it worked beautifully in the last game for comfy couch playing, and m&kb didn't add anything.

5. Yeah so far I've had several misclicks with the mouse, besides that I don't see why it wouldn't work just fine with a pad.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

6. I've been running through the first XCOM as a type of warmup for this one and I mean, the hit percentages are bogus right? The chance of three straight 66% shots missing is about 3.5% and I see that happen ALL THE TIME. And I'm not talking about save scums.

I'm wondering how people who play the game on that mode that doesn't allow for reloads handle this. Having a guy die because a 80% shot, a 51%, and a 60% all miss is infuriating. I love the game it just drives me nuts.

They don't seem accurate.

I've watched someone do longwar ironman impossible. It's boring. It's all mob management and creeping up the map. Tougher playing with meld.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Long war doesn't sound like fun. Maybe if you've done everything in the main game. But there's enough going on here by itself.

9. I played through Enemy Unknown a few months back and love pretty much every second of it. I just started going through Enemy Within now and I'm kind of shocked at how much harder it is right off the bat than Enemy Unknown was. I had a round where all five of my soldiers missed the same target that they were all right on top of. I had a soldier miss five shots in a row, all with high percent chances to hit. I know Enemy Unknown had a lot of people bitching about missed shots, but I personally thought it was pretty fair. Enemy Within is just nuts so far. It's still pretty early on in the game and I already have several countries whose panic levels are creeping up and I'm struggling to build enough satellite uplinks to keep them covered.

I think the mistake I'm making is that I'm trying to play it too much like Enemy Unknown when I should be going for the new resources and abilities that have been introduced. We'll see if it's too late for me to turn things around or not.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 10 Feb 2017 at 12:35 AM.

10. Are you on standard difficulty?

Definitely go for meld. I don't know if you should beeline for the lab that uses it but the dude I turned into a robot guy is pretty rad.