Page 1 of 39 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 (PC/ONE/PS4)

Fallout 4 (PC/ONE/PS4)

Three Dog was given permission by Bethesda to tease Fallout 4, driving speculation that a formal announcement is imminent. If I remember right, the VGA unveiling of Skyrim was within a year of its release, so perhaps we are looking at an early 2014 launch?

2. Oblivion was released in early 2006, about 4 months after 360 release. So yea, I would guess that Betheseda would want to do the same thing.

3. It would be nice to have Obsidian back for this. While I liked Fallout 3, Bethesda's writers are simply not on the level of 1, 2 and New Vegas. Maybe we'll get another spinoff in a few years.

4. New Vegas was story and mission wise better than Skyrim.

I want the same team using the Skyrim assets and engine, please. I'm more excited for this than I was for Skyrim btw, the world and mechanics of Fallout is just the tops.
    Last edited by Opaque; 09 Jan 2013 at 04:45 PM.

5. It would be interesting to see Obsidian do story and design outsourcing for other developers, a la Red Company.

I'd like to see them do QA for EA and Microsoft. Actually, I think they already might for MS.

I like the story in Fallout 3 more than New Vegas, but the individual character writing (save for the father in 3) was definitely inferior. Soooo... Bethesda does the main story arc and gives it to Obsidian to flesh out the details? And then hires Valve to do QA.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It would be interesting to see Obsidian do story and design outsourcing for other developers, a la Red Company.
    This. So long as they don't actually code it, I'll be happy.

9. Honestly, this sort of thing is usually more a defect of the producers than the coders. Not wanting to cut content in order to allow for polish time, that sort of thing.

10. Stick to the narrative please.