Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Arcade

Nick Arcade

Did anyone else watch nickelodeon Arcade as a kid? We didn't have nickelodeon but my grandmother did.

One thing that sticks out in my mind about the show was the number of Beta's they had. I didn't know they were Beta's at the time. I always figured they were arcade versions but never ran into them.

The two that I remember best are the sonic 1 and sonic 2 games. Sonic 1 had a rolling bolder. And Sonic 2 had bad guys I'd never seen before in the first levels.

Last edited by Fe 26; 27 May 2015 at 09:01 PM.

2. Ugh. '90's oversized shirts...
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. The final round in the Video Zone was totally bogus. Even more bogus than Olmec's temple.

4. Say what you want about the show, but I wouldn't know about awesome stuff like Gun Nac if it wasn't for Nick Arcade. I noticed Aero Blasters and Atomic Runner among the choices in the video too. Odd seeing Melissa Joan Hart attempting to play the Sonic 2 beta.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 27 May 2015 at 10:20 PM.

5. I remember the kids picking all the wrong games to play and getting mad about it.

6. yeah, they had some cool shmups on that

7. but then some of these dumb ass kids couldn't function worth a damn in the final game, they were functionally retarded

there is a behind the scenes video of that on youtube. Apparently you were pretty much flying blind. They just had them in front of a blue screen and none of that shit was marked.

9. That final round looks like something that would be fun to make as a scripted video, but not fun the way it was done on Nick Arcade.

10. Who talks on the phone for six hours?? Did she keep talking while she pissed, ate? I know that bitch can't go six hours without a meatloaf.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt