Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nick Arcade

speaking of arcade only sonic games,

Yesterday someone posted a screen from an early version of SegaSonic

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The red one looks like he's saying "It's a me, Sonic-o".

3. It's a crappy puzzle game.

you're a crappy puzzle game

Why is this discussion in the wrong thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    ...One thing that sticks out in my mind about the show was the number of Beta's they had. I didn't know they were Beta's at the time. I always figured they were arcade versions but never ran into them.

The two that I remember best are the sonic 1 and sonic 2 games. Sonic 1 had a rolling bolder. And Sonic 2 had bad guys I'd never seen before in the first levels.

Maybe there is a better thread, I guess. Do we have a sonic beta's thread or a segasonic thread? This was the first one that came to mind with sonic betas.

7. Super Mary-oh Brothers Three.

8. Segasonic Bros. is reportedly a Columns/Puyo Puyo hybrid puzzler with 1P & VS modes, by Fukio "MTJ" Mitsuji who had left Taito near that time. It's another casualty of the Street Fighter & Fatal Fury craze. Sounds like it may have been a System 32 game from the 1992 copyright.

Shortly before working on SB, MTJ did Magical Puzzle Popils on Game Gear for Tengen.

Wondering what Shoutime has to say on this.

9. The Popils guys?!? I played that on my Game Gear nonstop when I was a youngin'. That theme song is insanely catchy.

I need to play this. I hope a ROM is released!