Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: "Collecting" Hang-Ups

Aggressors tend to have bad memories.

It would be pretty easy to prove with some links.

You guys really don't remember all the negativity? Some of it was geared towards people known to say dumb shit (Let's Reca..) but there was a generalized bashing going on. I remember complaining that I didn't want a monopoly on threads about older games. Other people (like that guy with supergrafx in his name) would get trolled for making threads like that.

4. Yeah, TNL liking games again is a recent thing.

5. I remember those two getting trolled specifically because of their posting style, not simply because of content.

Yeah, it might have been more about the poster and not the content.

I'd still make fun of Yossy not Yoshi bullshit and having to have the expensive Japanese Crazy Taxi when the US one cost a dollar.

6 of 1, half dozen, etc.

It isn't by chance that the cool kids were the same kids that wasted the most money and ended up the most bitter about it. There was a clique when the forum first started of guys in their early 20s spending a ton of money on game shit. They would have posted the most too and as a result, set the tone of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Yeah, it might have been more about the poster and not the content..
    It depends. It was pretty annoying a few years ago to be having a discussion and then have someone like Ramona chime in with something like "let the old games go, they don't matter anymore". If it doesn't interest you, that's fine. Ignore the topic then.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    It depends. It was pretty annoying a few years ago to be having a discussion and then have someone like Ramona chime in with something like "let the old games go, they don't matter anymore". If it doesn't interest you, that's fine. Ignore the topic then.
    Didn't you quit for a while because you thought no one gave a shit about games? Isn't that demonstrative of what you were talking about?

Yeah, the interest level seemed pretty low. I didn't leave bitter or anything. I just got bored. And then when I popped back in, the vibe here seemed more appealing.