Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: "Collecting" Hang-Ups

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Something went wrong to me when the VGA shit started. Everytime I see a game forever sealed away in hard plastic with a highass price being demanded for it, It makes me disgusted. Games arn't fucking meant to be treated like comic books forever sealed away from ever being enjoyed.
    Why do you think comic books are meant to be treated like that?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Another thread ruined by one poster.
    Well fuck you too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. On the topic of collecting, I would think that everyone is getting upset and defensive about the wrong thing. Collecting stuff is fine. It's your money, your time, your space, whatever. Do whatever you want, you don't have to justify it to anyone but yourself (and I guess anyone affected by the money/time/space used). Being angry at someone for collecting or not having the 'right' to collect is stupid.

The real problem here is that people who actually play video games and have put more than an ounce of thought into them should be completely ignoring collectors. They should be smart enough to see someone begging for page views, buying things for stupid prices, trying to impress people with collections, etc, and just ignore them and walk away. But of course, people are too stupid to do this.

I'll generalize like a total asshole now, and say that it's especially bad with video games because it's a bunch of nerds who have less than perfect social awareness, too much money, and a lifetime of repressed enthusiasm. They're so fucking excited that someone actually TALKS about video games without belittling them that they get all fucking 10yr happy and overvalue complete shit. Some asshole nobody made a video about shit he bought at a garage sale? OMG THAT'S A VIDEO GAME I LOVE VIDEO GAMES YAY. I don't care that you're stupid, have bad opinions, don't actually play games, etc, I'm with FRIENDS. Don't be mean to my friends! This is what having a friend is like right?

So now business-savvy assholes realize that they just have to mention video games and they have a million nerds begging to donate money to them for no reason. If you have a sufficient amount of motivation, and a sufficient lack of morals and self worth then exploiting nerds is easy as shit. Add a million points to this if you're female. Don't worry, you don't have to know anything, be good at games, be smart, be able to back up your own opinions. You just need a youtube account, an account at neogaf, and the dedication to waste your life lying to a bunch of people on the internet. If 'real gamers' were a little smarter, they would ignore these stupid people, not give them free money and internet publicity, and guess what, suddenly pretending to like games is no longer a viable business. The assholes leave, prices go down, and we're again left with talking only to real nerds.

This is what everyone here should be angry about. You're mistakenly trying to find a problem with collecting when really it's just the fact that you hate that someone is exploiting a hobby that you genuinely enjoy, and so many dumbasses are just eating the shit up. Are people that stupid? Yes, unfortunately.

The only solace is that soon the industry is going to be shit, the 'video games are cool' fad will end, and all these assholes will leave to find someone else to exploit. We'll be left with a decent backlog of games to play, and can ignore the move to garbage mobile games that are designed by psychiatrists to take all your time and money, hopefully until we die.

Sorry that rant ending up way longer than I expected.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Baseball cards would be a better example, because you can still enjoy them while they're protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    So now business-savvy assholes realize that they just have to mention video games and they have a million nerds begging to donate money to them for no reason. If you have a sufficient amount of motivation, and a sufficient lack of morals and self worth then exploiting nerds is easy as shit. Add a million points to this if you're female. Don't worry, you don't have to know anything, be good at games, be smart, be able to back up your own opinions. You just need a youtube account, an account at neogaf, and the dedication to waste your life lying to a bunch of people on the internet.
    This should be Anita Sarkeesian's resume.

6. The USS Bitter Nerd Justification has set sail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    haha perfect. I laughed.

I always wonder, do people know these things by heart and go looking for a specfiic gif or do you just type DAAAAMN into google images and find one that works.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. friday damn gif

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Comics how can I put it, I read and the put into a sleeve to be kept safe and read again. Videogames forever sealed in a hard plastic case never to be enjoyed is more or less what I was trying to point out. Sorry my words didn't come out the way I wanted them to.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 03 Jun 2015 at 12:28 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL