Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: "Collecting" Hang-Ups

1. 'threatned Big Mike'?

2. Quote Originally Posted by sixteen-bit View Post

be sure to like, comment, and subscribe!
    That was fucking painful to watch.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Aw, you can tell the wig guy likes games! And they always say something positive about the things they buy.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Emulation/piracy crowd all "oh that's nice dear".
    I don't see them as the same audience. The person who buys the physical article (movies, games, etc.) wants something beyond the "access whenever I want." If not, they'd just emulate too. In my case, I like to read the manuals, admire the box art, etc., as well the thrill of buying them. People who emulate don't give a shit about any of that. I don't know why people keep inserting them into a discussion about collecting.

The hobby needs both. Someone needs to keep physical copies so people can touch and feel artifacts from our period 100+ years from now. But we also need emulation to preservation after the consoles and carts rot away.

6. Or after TNL Future throws them all in the garbage.

7. "The Hunt" is dangerous. I've done dumb shit for the hunt.

This isn't the marriage thread, Charles.

9. If you worded it that way for you to sound like Magneto and him like Xavier, I commend you.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Thumbs up, both of you.