Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: "Collecting" Hang-Ups

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Everyone should have Solatorobo. That makes you immune to my judgment.
    I have a sealed copy I bought right away but I didn't get around to playing fast enough and now it's too expensive to open. Luckily I ran into a cart only copy fairly cheap not too long ago.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    That name change could be arranged....
    There's no point. Unless you're a new member (ha!), you've been called what you've been called for the better part of a decade. Seems silly to change it now.

3. It is not like we don't know you as "Gamestop Joe". low blow

I have a ton of guitars, but I don't think of myself as a collector. It's probably possible to have a ton of games that you play and not be a collector too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I have a feeling that completionist are unmarried IT and tech guys, that have no other hobbies and only interact with gamers irl and online. If I must IP it up, and make baseless accusations (as I do), I'd also guess that they became a completionist because it was the only way to stand out with their real and digital friends. It was a way to become the game expert. They're paying 200 and 300 at a time to stay top dog in cage full of mutts.
    There are exceptions to the rule here (Melf, perhaps) but I think you're mostly right.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    It is not like we don't know you as "Gamestop Joe". low blow
    Exactly, Thousand Dollar Blender.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    No, definitely, there's a dichotomy to this whole thing. Like, I feel that you have more than paid your dues and are allowed to have that stuff, you know? Like I don't question your intentions or your passion so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that you have a lot of stuff.
    This is tremendously douchey. You're kind of deciding, based on some arbitrary shit, who is allowed to share your hobby.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I did that when I started to gather NES stuff again. Partially because I've always preferred CIB, but also because my goal was to play the games. I could take 100 nes carts home and throw them on a shelf and call it a day. But by limiting myself to only what I found outside the store and to only CIB, I acquired stuff slowly enough that I actually played what I bought. Cost me more, but instead of spending $40 on 10 games I wouldn't do anything with I spent $40 on something I enjoyed.
    This represents two and a half years of collecting for me:

Every one of these I played and enjoyed back in the day, and I've played them since buying them again. Well, except for NARC and Dick Tracy. Only reasonsI bought those was that they were complete, looked brand new, and was eight bucks for the pair. Figure I can flip them down the road for something on the list.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

8. He knows it's douchey as per the OP, but we all set up arbitrary rules as to who gets to join our club.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post

I like that Flashback dude is looking up at them longingly.