Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter X (cross) aka Monster Hunter Generations

Last edited by JBNagis; 04 Aug 2015 at 09:22 PM.

3. Guild style: Classic style. Set 2 Super moves.

Striker style: Weapons have moves pared away. Set 3 super moves, super moves charge quickly.

Aerial: Dodge is replaced with air dodge, use it to leap off monsters/hunters/stuff to do air attacks. 1 super move.

Bushido: Just dodging or Just defending results in new moves. Example given is Hammer going into a strong charge that results in moves better than normal charge moves. Set 1 super move.

4. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    [

Bushido: Just dodging or Just defending results in new moves.
    This is going to be sweet.

5. Hammer in striker vs Narga.

3 supers were: The revolving slam, a super evade that auto-sheathes, and the "oasis" HP regen field. Dude gets upswung at one point while going for the revolving slam, wasting it. Boy is that going to suck.

My body is ready!!!!

7. Oh, I forgot to mention it looked like Hammer lost the golf swing in striker, and in another vid it seems like long sword loses sidewards fade slash and the post-fade spirit slash followup in striker style.

Doesn't air style lose the evade invincibility?

I'll be guild and bushido. Bring it.

10. I'm not certain. Gaijinhunter had this to say:

The first hands-on event (private) is going on today and yesterday media got to play and write articles. Here is what we have learned about the aerial style so far, much more to come which I’ll update this.

Your B button evade is now a forward air evade
    If you touch a monster you’ll jump off them even higher
    You can do all sorts of attacks in the air
    (unconfirmed) you can equip 1 super skill
    (unconfirmed) you can hop off Palicos bombs and small monsters too

Lost Moves:

Since you can spam aerial moves over and over, you lose power on the ground. For example, with GS you do not get to use charge attacks on the ground at all, for Hammer even if you charge it up you do not get the stomp move. However you can air evade after just about any move so they felt it made up for it.

There are also reports that for LS you cannot do a spirit combo on ground, only in the air. They did make it easier and faster to pull off though and with the idea that you are an air hunter not ground, this makes sense.

Mounting is Harder:

Famitsu was unsure if it was mounting in general (I doubt it) or the aerial style only, but mounting too simnifically longer with the aerial style. This makes sense as the point of aerial is not to mount, but to command the air.

Other Notes:

You can evade tail swipes and stuff easy since you are in the air but they noted that if you are right up against a monster doing air jumps, you can find that you lose sight of them and can get smacked around, so it will take some skill to control things.
    It's definitely the style that switches things up the most, but since it basically comes down to repeatedly hopping off the monster first, it just seems kind of single-minded to me.