Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter X (cross) aka Monster Hunter Generations

Adept hammer and adept bow are my faves right now. Hammer is beast with the new strong charge.

I just really like adept.switch axe and charge blade ate good in adept also. I dont like that little hip roll aerial gets. And adept cb has the best guard point with the b button. Hold it and the entire animation is a guard point until you attack. Im very happy. 15 days

2. I've been having a real tough time killing the monsters in the demo. Never had an issue in MH4. The equipment they give you must be REALLLLY shitty!

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I've been having a real tough time killing the monsters in the demo. Never had an issue in MH4. The equipment they give you must be REALLLLY shitty!
    Yeah, me too. I took a few month hiatus from MonHun and that owl-thing with the confusion status is giving me trouble. I'm trying the Long Sword and I'm usually a Hammer/Hunting Horn guy, so that might be part of it.

Looks great, though! Looking forward to messing with all the new fighting styles.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    If you're a veteran, bear in mind that you're going to have seen a lot of this before - there are precious few new enemies and no new maps at all (at least, 40 hours in there weren't)
    Link

At least we know it's authentically Capcom.

Its a greatest hits basically. I know what im getting into lol. Cant wait for tomorrow. Best way to cap off a vacation

6. Ancestral Steppe
    Sunken Hallow
    Volcanic Hallow
    Primal Forest
    Frozen Seaway
    Ancient Forest - New
    Sanctuary
    Dragon Graveyard - New
    Snowy Mountain
    Volcano
    Swamp
    Forest and Hills
    Misty Peaks
    Sacred Mountain or something
    Deserted Island
    Dunes/Old Desert

A list I found from someone else. Also, all those maps returning from MH games that aren't MH4 will be more than just "old" since they'll be revamped for elevation differences/ledges for the jumping gameplay added in 4.

No idea about new monsters though. All I know is the four new flagships and the two from the demo (great macau and Owl) And, of course, new subspecies.

Personally, though, I'm skipping this one. Not feeling the styles and too much other stuff to play. I know I'd enjoy it if I bought it but I want to avoid fatigue.

7 new to america. Not counting the deviants. Plus amaterasu. Plus people a lot of returns like shigun. 4u was a lot of peoples first mon hun.

8. Have they done anything to cut the amount of time material-gathering gives me to think about my own mortality and the creeping onset of impotence?

9. Crouch to gather faster. There's also a speed gathering skill. Monster Hunter games have things like farms to accrue large amounts of items later in the game wihtout going out to gather it yourself.

Or are you talking about the gathering focused tutorials at the beginning of each game?

10. The gathering itself. I made it far enough into 4H where I unlocked access to the mail service thing but nothing beyond that.