Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter X (cross) aka Monster Hunter Generations

1. I wanted to like these games so bad, but I just could not abide the control scheme and camera.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I wanted to like these games so bad, but I just could not abide the control scheme and camera.
    What was is about the controls you ddn't like?

3. MH 4 uses the circle pad pro, so that helps, but my hands still cramp after playing a while. I was really hoping to see another console MH game.

4. I prefer console almost every time, but Mh4/X/Stories/Diaries is making it pretty clear what's what.

We'll see what happens with NX. Everyone may just end up satisfied.

maybe they are saving mh5 for NX. hence why its Cross and not 5. save the big one for the big console. i know fi MH5 is announced for NX, im sold on it.

6. Question for the crowd because my PSP and Vita also hunger for MonHun: If I have both Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and Freedom Unite, is there an actual reason to play 2?

freedom unite is freedom 2G. so no. but i would get p3rd also. you can download the hd version on psn. ooor...get a patched hd version somewhere else.

8. Heck with the HD. MonHun works best on commute, so I may just go for the PSP version. FU (lol) will be all Vita, though. I hear-tell playing Freedom Unite on the Vita actually gives you camera controls and slightly better graphics!

Thanks, sir.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    maybe they are saving mh5 for NX. hence why its Cross and not 5. save the big one for the big console. i know fi MH5 is announced for NX, im sold on it.
    That was my first thought after seeing this announcement. This is a much better idea for re-using the old assets in an exciting way than jumping to a MH5 that might possibly feel a bit too samey. They could make XG the cross-platform title for around NX's launch then proceed to MH5.

This reminds me a lot of Marvel vs Capcom with how moves are flashy and explosive now. The 'cross' and reused assets adds to that, it should be MHxCapcom and let you play as Strider and Morrigan with her original sprite.

Anyway, looks cool and I'm sure I'll enjoy it whenever. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to capitalize on the series' current worldwide success by actually releasing this in all regions at roughly the same time.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner