Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter X (cross) aka Monster Hunter Generations

I have a bad feeling my brother is going to talk me into playing that with him.

2. wooo

The timing seems about right, hoping this means that MHXX is announced at E3 for a western release simultaneous on 3ds and switch, similar to what happened with 3U.

If they could somehow allow online play between the 3ds and Switch, that would also be huge.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

3. Do they usually have save file transfer between the versions? This might dictate whether I go 3ds or Switch on this one.

There is zero chance those saves are transferring. You can't even move Switch saves off the internal memory at this point.

5. Monster Hunter X (cross) aka Monster Hunter Generations

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There is zero chance those saves are transferring. You can't even move Switch saves off the internal memory at this point.
    I think he means save transfer from Generations (MHX) to a US release of MHXX on 3DS.

Did the JP 3DS release have file transfer? Honestly I don't care about it, I'd rather just have it on the Switch on the US.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Ah. Now that I re-read, that context makes a lot more sense. Originally I thought he meant that he might buy the 3DS version to start with hopes of transferring his save to the Switch version later.

7. Japan did have a save file transfer from MHX to MHXX.

MH3U had the ability to move your character between the 3ds and WiiU to play where you wanted. Capcom released a save transfer utility for this.

IF a 3ds version of XX releases for the west, I think the transfer (from MH Gen US) would be a feature since it already exists. IF MHXX releases for the 3ds in the US, and IF MHXX Switch for the US is announced anytime soon.. my guess is there will not be a character transfer, since both systems allow online and are portable.

Another possible complication: the Switch is going to required paid online soon. Maybe a 3ds version won't come out here at all, since they don't want everyone choosing that because of free online play. Or maybe Capcom will allow Switch online play without a Nintendo online payment? I don't know if this is even possible/allowed by Nintendo.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. I assumed that MHXX was not coming out here for 3DS.

I would be fine with that. MHXX looks like the equivalent of MH4Ultimate to MH4's MHX: a vastly improved core game with lots of added combat and mechanics (not that MHX was bad at all). A better single player story for MHXX would be nice.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. The Switch version of MHXX is just what I was waiting/hoping for, I'm definitely in for this.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX-Switch/
    Last edited by Geo; 26 May 2017 at 05:13 PM.

Sleeve~ thats exactly what MHXX is. its the G version of MHX.
    Chaofnee~ im kind of wondering that. using your save on teh 3ds basically puts you back at hr 8. ready to go into g rank after you do the g rank key quest in high rank.