Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 3

1. Every Miyazaki is good at what they do.

2. I am not even close to done with Dark Souls 2 SOTFS yet.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Bloodborn is just Dark Souls by another name.

No different than Black Ops and Modern Warfare alternating years. Yeah they're different series, but not really. If 2016 has a Dark Souls in say March or April then it's a yearly release for three years running. Then Bloodborn 2 will come out in 2017, mark my words.
    Nonsense, they are definitely different enough to see them as completely different franchises.

4. I mean of course they are, but they also totally are the same game with a different coat of paint.

5. I see them as more like brothers or cousins. You can surely tell that they are related but they are definitely different. There is more different than just a coat of paint.

6. As wonderful as Bloodborne is, this news excites me more than DLC for that game. Dark Souls is the best game, and 2 (despite being polarizing) is also top notch and a joy to play, so as long as Miyazaki feels it's done, I'll happily take a third installment as soon as he gives it his stamp of approval.

7. I love the hell out of these games, but I'm not too keen on them cranking one out every year. It would just dilute the mystique for me. And personally I'd prefer they focus on Bloodborne at this point, its pretty close to flawless in my eyes. I'm so burnt out on the dragons/fantasy settings, I think the Lovecraft/Victorian setting is a huge improvement.

That is exactly where I am on this as well. The Witcher and The Elder Scrolls are more than enough fantasy for me, but the quality of these games can overcome that. I just wish it didn't have to.

9. They really are two very different beasts, though. Bloodborne is so... slick and stylish, and the changes to combat make it a little more accessible to new players while still retaining the tough as nails feel of the entire series, and it's better for it. I agree that things like The Witcher and Elder Scrolls (another two of my favorite franchises ever) are enough to hold me over for as long as needs be, but theres something about the deliberate and methodical pace of a game like Dark Souls that puts it almost in a different category. Witcher and ES are wonderfully fleshed out worlds with TONS of interesting characters, dialogue, quests and things of that nature that you want in a fantasy game. Dark Souls hits some of those same notes, but makes you work to find the stories, gives you little snippets of the characters and almost forces you to have your own take on the narrative, which to me is sometimes even more exciting and rewarding. It's apples and oranges, but I'd say we're all better off having such incredible options to choose from.

All that said, I wouldn't want to see it become a yearly franchise only because I like to keep playing the games over and over and I would feel rushed knowing the next chapter was just around the corner. I'll still happily take them whenever they come out, so long as the quality stays intact and the worlds stay interesting (not a hard thing for From to accomplish given the history so far).

10. Pc version needs to be a thing that is out first