Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 3

1. Don't waste any time farming shards, they're incredibly common later
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    Old demon king was bullshit.
    With a bow, he's the second easiest boss in the game so far. Chloranthy ring, some decent stamina, and 99 standard arrows and he's toast. Just shoot a couple of times and run. Wash, rinse, repeat. I only got hit twice, and it was from those lava rays he sends out. He never physically touched me at all.

Seriously, the bow makes lots of this game SO much easier.

3. Yeah having a ranged option on your first run can be immensely helpful. It allows you to do room control from a safe distance and obviously can help with some bosses. I was able to put the Dragonrider Bow to +4 on my first run and it was awesome. I always had 198 of each arrow type for whatever the situation needed as they're pretty cheap to keep stocked up on.

I just put the Avelyn up to +10 last night for shenanigans, surprised to notice you can't infuse bows in this game. I was going to make it lightning based with lightning bolts just like my DkS1 character has, but I guess that's not doable anymore.

Irythil dungeon is creepy as shit. damn jailers are annoying. there is supposed to be a pyromancer i can give to get the black flame in there. where is he.
    also i barely..really fucking barely beat the pontif. shoudl i continue on, or go to the profane capitol?

5. The difficulty is about the same either way and you'll have to go through both eventually so whichever you want.

Continuing past Pontif has a cooler area though. And you have to get the key to the cell in the profane capital before you can get Karla anyway so don't worry about not finding her.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. I really enjoyed Ilrythill (sp?) a lot. I feel like it's a non-shitty version of what the Crown of the Ivory King area in DS2 was going for. And then, of course, there's that payoff at the end, where you find Aldrich. Hoooooo baby.

As far as bosses go, I'm actually having a lot more trouble with Aldrich than I did with Pontiff Suleyvahn just because Aldrich deals so much magic damage, and my character has very little Vigor at this point so I have little room for error. Suleyvahn is kinda a splashier, faster version of the Fume Knight with less health. I've barely delved into the Dungeon at this point.

I'm loving my Refined/weaponmaster build and the number of options it gives me. I have practically no spells but with the number of weapons I have it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by sleeve; 31 May 2016 at 12:13 AM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Invisible walls are all well and good, but it would be extremely helpful if there was some kind of indicator, even a vague one. There's important stuff behind some of them - eg. Archdeacon McDonnell, whom I didn't find until NG+++ - and I'd have wasted tons of time slashing walls without a guide. I know From deals in the obscure but it's a tough proposition when noteworthy stuff is so hidden.

And I still can't figure most of the NPC questlines on my own. Characters go dead or missing and I have no idea what triggers it. I don't want to follow a walkthrough but I can't see how else I can manage it. There are still some NPCs from the wiki whom I've never seen. A couple of the covenants are the same way; really rough finding them on your own, especially when they're tied to the Platinum. Some kind of hint system would be a major help.

I guess I figure really hidden stuff ought to be bonus, but it does reward multiple playthroughs - the upgraded rings are certainly worthwhile.

I couldn't help but wear the Symbol of Avarice for a while when I found it. This is the kind of unusual gear I wish was more common. A Blessed weapon (I also didn't find this Gem until now) and multiple HP regens help offset its penalty, and besides, it just looks cool.

Minor quibbles aside, it's still a spectacular game, and one I'm liking more on subsequent playthroughs. Figure I'll still be heavily invested when the inevitable DLC hits.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

8. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    Irythil dungeon is creepy as shit. damn jailers are annoying.
    Holy shit, yes. My kids were watching me play (they love this game and its huge monsters and bosses), and we collectively yelped and jumped when those fucking zombies began wailing. The place definitely gives me the heeby jeebies.

I was tired of using my big machete and decided to try for the Fume Ultra Greatsword. I beat the dude (barely) on the first try! Hot damn is this weapon the SHIT. I have 43 str and 24 dex and am crushing everything, even with the latest patch's nerfed damage. I've upgraded it to +3 so far and I kill EVERYTHING. Damn knights no longer rush at me, and I can smash right through their puny guards. Once I reach 50 str and 40 dex, I will be unstoppable!

9. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    Invisible walls are all well and good, but it would be extremely helpful if there was some kind of indicator, even a vague one.
    At least there aren't two different types like in DS2, that shit pissed me off. Hack at a wall or hit x, but no indication as to which is which? No thanks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    Invisible walls are all well and good, but it would be extremely helpful if there was some kind of indicator, even a vague one. There's important stuff behind some of them - eg. Archdeacon McDonnell, whom I didn't find until NG+++ - and I'd have wasted tons of time slashing walls without a guide. I know From deals in the obscure but it's a tough proposition when noteworthy stuff is so hidden.

And I still can't figure most of the NPC questlines on my own. Characters go dead or missing and I have no idea what triggers it. I don't want to follow a walkthrough but I can't see how else I can manage it. There are still some NPCs from the wiki whom I've never seen. A couple of the covenants are the same way; really rough finding them on your own, especially when they're tied to the Platinum. Some kind of hint system would be a major help.

I guess I figure really hidden stuff ought to be bonus, but it does reward multiple playthroughs - the upgraded rings are certainly worthwhile.

I couldn't help but wear the Symbol of Avarice for a while when I found it. This is the kind of unusual gear I wish was more common. A Blessed weapon (I also didn't find this Gem until now) and multiple HP regens help offset its penalty, and besides, it just looks cool.

Minor quibbles aside, it's still a spectacular game, and one I'm liking more on subsequent playthroughs. Figure I'll still be heavily invested when the inevitable DLC hits.

That's part of the reason you should always play online though as there are usually hints left by other players about the walls. But yeah some of the NPC quest lines are a bit obnoxious. Siegward and Sirris both require you to go back to somewhere you wouldn't normally go in order to continue/complete their lines which is just dumb.