Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1929313233343537 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 3

1. Yeah, the invisible walls I don't have a problem with because I always play online and follow the hints. I even found the Darkmoons (mostly) without help.

I completely blew Siegward's quest from the start. I've never even seen Patches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Agreed that the important stuff hidden behind walls is a bit of an odd choice, but I've played online since moment one and found a lot of them through people's signs. For the wall that leads to McDonnell, I actually touched a bloodstain near the wall and watched the dead guy run through it (where he apparently fell down the hole) and thats how I knew to attack it. That kind of thing is really awesome, a real holy shit moment.

As far as the NPC quests go... yeah, they're very obtuse in this one. Not that they're super well defined in any Souls game, but this one feels even more shrouded than the others. Finishing Anri's quest while going for the hidden ending would be nuts without knowing where to go later, as there are some really detailed steps to making it work. Siegward, too. I completely missed his 3rd step in the Cathedral the first time around, and even if I had found that I absolutely missed the area he ends up in in the Profaned Capital. It's going to be real hard to do without a guide, but kudos to Bio for trying it even after a few playthroughs!

I went ahead and boosted Mourne's Hammer from normal to +10 because I wanted another big badass weapon, then when I went to equip it realized I didn't have the Faith to do so. Fucking fail. I'm very sad that I haven't found a Black Knight Greataxe (I'm guessing it's a random drop?), since that was my favorite weapon in the first game and I've totally seen people using it, I have a feeling it would be totally OP at +5 though.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I went ahead and boosted Mourne's Hammer from normal to +10 because I wanted another big badass weapon, then when I went to equip it realized I didn't have the Faith to do so.
    Why don't you just respec? Hate to spend all those souls for nothing.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

4. In all honesty, I was planning on it before starting NG+, but then I didn't have a Pale Tongue on hand and I liked where my build was headed, so I figured I'd do it when I reached her in the next cycle. Then I just kept building my guy and now I love the melee build I have, to the point of I almost don't want to respec until I'm level 300 or so. Basically until I can one shot stuff with magic. Also I'm not big on invading, so I want to use all my Pale Tongues towards the achievement first, then I'll start experimenting with new builds. And if I bump up my Faith about 20 levels I could use both that hammer and some serious buffs on other weapons, which is probably what I'll do. 1 million souls in an hour is not too hard to get at this point so leveling is still an easy option.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

5. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Also I'm not big on invading, so I want to use all my Pale Tongues towards the achievement first, then I'll start experimenting with new builds. And if I bump up my Faith about 20 levels I could use both that hammer and some serious buffs on other weapons, which is probably what I'll do. 1 million souls in an hour is not too hard to get at this point so leveling is still an easy option.
    I have like 17 Pale Tongues stored up at this point, so it's no big deal for me I guess.

Did a quick respec to shift around some unused points. I moved some unused Attunement points and brought Faith back down to 10, and poured all of them into Vigor. I had gone through the entire game up to this point with 14 Vigor but Aldrich kept one shotting me (or close to it) with his glaive slams. I hate leveling Vigor because it's such a dull stat but unlike previous games leveling up does not gradually increase your HP; only the Vigor stat does. Now I'm at a much-cushier 22.

Off to kill the Demon King before finishing the Illrithyll Dungeon/Profaned Capitol. I just hope I find some more Refined Gems for this refined build I'm using :/

6. I've found 27 Vigor is kind of the sweet spot since it puts you at an even 1000
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I've found 27 Vigor is kind of the sweet spot since it puts you at an even 1000
    Good to know! I'll ease my way up there as I make my way to 40 STR/40 DEX.

Here's a helpful Reddit spreadsheet guide to attacks and weapon arts that can and cannot be parried, for PvP nuts like me.

8. I've got 65 Str/40 Dex right now and it's pretty clutch, been beefing up Vit (the weight one?) so I can carry heavier stuff, I believe that's at 40 as well. Vigor is at 30 and End at 35, so a nice bit of health and my stamina is maxed at 160. Been considering Luck because sometimes I just want to farm covenant items instead of paying online, and I have the Gold Serpent Ring+1 and a slew of coins to burn through. Hit a bit of a wall in terms of enthusiasm for the game while just sitting at the end of NG+ and trying to only do the online stuff, I really can't wait until those 'requirements' are met so I can run the game again, that's the real meat and potatoes (for me) and it's immensely satisfying this time around.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

9. You should def respec, 40 is the first soft cap for Str (scaling per level drops off from there and def boost pretty much stops there) and 60 is the second softcap. After 60 you're getting almost no value out of any levels so you should def get that extra 5 points out of str.

All damage stats cap at 60 so almost no reason to go above that as there's always somewhere better to put your points at that point.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Strangely, the best and most intense PvP experience I've had in the game thus far was pretty early, in the Undead Settlement when I joined Mound-Makers up through Farron's watchdogs. I might start an alt character with a Raw Zweihander and high Vigor, see how it does.

Last night I had all kinds of connection problems after joining the Aldrich covenant and didn't get summoned once. Red Eye orb wasn't working either