Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 3

1. There's like three different ways to cheese him/her as well.

2. Click for full size

Here's my totally original character, who is not based on any pre-existing intellectual property and certainly not a series of tabletop-gaming-related fantasy novels from the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. I think you've missed a few Undead Bone Shards if you're there with only a +5 Estus. Nice looking setup, though!

4. Probably. Kinda rushed through the Catacombs last night because I was in a party and we were taking turns helping each other with bosses; same thing happened the night before in the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Click for full size

Here's my totally original character, who is not based on any pre-existing intellectual property and certainly not a series of tabletop-gaming-related fantasy novels from the 1980s.

Have you been invaded by a guy with twin daggers yet?

6. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    Have you been invaded by a guy with twin daggers yet?
    You're referring to Artemis Entreri, right? IIRC he used a sword and dagger. The vampiric dagger was his signature weapon, initially accompanied by just a mundane sword, but later he also got a magic sword that left clouds of ash hanging in the air with every swing to obscure his opponents' vision. (I think holding the sword let him see through them or something.)

Er, I mean, what does that have to do with my totally original character that is absolutely not a famous good-aligned dark elf who pals around with a dwarven king, a halfling thief, a barbarian and an archer and has a magic panther named after the Welsh version of King Arthur's wife's name?

Incidentally, are there any throwing axes or cross-shaped boomerangs in this game? I need to know for my next totally original character, who besides those things is only going to use throwing knives and whips.

7. I have no idea who your first character is in reference to, but I don't think you'll find many throwing weapons besides the knives and magic "bombs" for your next guy, unfortunately. There are twin axes, which are pretty sweet, but I've not seen anything else like what you're saying.

I think I'm right around the 30 hour mark now, have 3 of the 5 thrones filled, and I'm thinking the end game is going to be sooner than later. I'm excited to start the second run with the book so I can find all stuff I know I missed!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

8. I hope he's named xXx_Drizzsephiroth69_xXx to complete it.

9. Coming down the home stretch (at least I think so; I'm in the Grand Archives) and it's been a blast. Unlike some, I'm really enjoying the familiar elements and tributes, but there's enough different and new stuff to keep the game from feeling like a total rehash. FP is a really cool addition that adds some versatility to every class.

For the vast array of equipment, there's little usable variety - I've been using the same armor and three weapons (fire/dark/lightning) for most of the game. I was Deprived, so I had a rough go initially. Once getting some solid gear, I haven't found the game to be particularly difficult. A few bosses went down on my first go, and the only one I was stuck on for any significant time was The Nameless King. I'm plowing through most enemies now (dex/faith build is still deadly), and preparing for NG+. I liked the early levels the best because I crept around like a terrified infant, and I'm hoping that returns for NG+.

I didn't find the soul transposition guy until way late. I was wondering what the heck to do with all the boss souls. I'm guessing that little dude was perched up there the whole time and I just didn't see him. Ha.

The Bloodborne influences are everywhere, from pacing to level and enemy design. That game is still From's crowning moment for me, but DS3 isn't far behind.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Er, I mean, what does that have to do with my totally original character that is absolutely not a famous good-aligned dark elf who pals around with a dwarven king, a halfling thief, a barbarian and an archer and has a magic panther named after the Welsh version of King Arthur's wife's name?
    nerds.jpg