Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1727293031323335 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 3

1. I pumped an estoc to +10 for when I switch to a spell character and have been trying it out, it's very helpful against those who like to break off and heal mid fight. That said it's a very easy weapon to ripost so if you use it you have to be careful, it's not a guaranteed win at all. I've also found the twin greatswords to be very powerful and surprising to most, with a good variety of attacks to keep parry happy folks guessing. I love all the available options, everything is viable against certain folks and it's fun figuring it out on the fly. I still need like 50 wins for all the covenant stuff too, so it breaks up the monotony trying new setups, and the resources to pump them all up are very readily available.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

2. I'm still using the Swordmaster's uchigatana. I have it at +3, but I'm thinking of changing since I'm doing a strength build. It's been a great weapon so far though, and I'd hate to change it.

3. For a strength build Claymore is your best early weapon, switched out for something like Lorian's Greatsword, Dragonslayer Greataxe or Morne's Greathammer later in the game. And don't worry about upgrades spent, you get tons of shards and chunks and can buy them later on.

Twin Greatsword is quite fun, I've been messing with it on my new guy. The dual sword arts are fantastic and the R1 one is way faster than most people expect.
    That said, Lorian's Greatsword is vastly better and only requires 4 more strength.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Didn't realize this until I went back over to Ludleth, but once you've got both swords from the Lothric Bros (obviously by beating them twice and making each boss weapon) he gives you the option of combining them into one gnarly sword. I haven't tried it out yet, but it's a greatsword (of course) and I'm hoping that it being locked behind NG+ means it's worth a damn. I know Twinkling and Scales are in much better supply now (I'm sitting on about 80 of both), but it still makes me nervous to start boosting up stuff knowing I'm going to change classes soon.
    I got one of those branding iron weapons from the jaliers and put it up to +9 just because it took regular titanite, I'm wondering if it's ability to temporarily lower your health completely would make it a good PvP weapon? Haven't tried it but if the moveset is good and it does just that, won't matter how much people try to heal if they have no life bar left

5. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Didn't realize this until I went back over to Ludleth, but once you've got both swords from the Lothric Bros (obviously by beating them twice and making each boss weapon) he gives you the option of combining them into one gnarly sword. I haven't tried it out yet, but it's a greatsword (of course) and I'm hoping that it being locked behind NG+ means it's worth a damn. I know Twinkling and Scales are in much better supply now (I'm sitting on about 80 of both), but it still makes me nervous to start boosting up stuff knowing I'm going to change classes soon.
    I got one of those branding iron weapons from the jaliers and put it up to +9 just because it took regular titanite, I'm wondering if it's ability to temporarily lower your health completely would make it a good PvP weapon? Haven't tried it but if the moveset is good and it does just that, won't matter how much people try to heal if they have no life bar left
    Oh that's what I meant by Twin Greatsword, the one you get for combining both. Did you mean Lorian's Greatsword then?

I like the Twin Greatsword but it has issues, mostly the fact that it's a regular greatsword not an ultra greatsword so it has a shittier moveset. Don't worry about upgrade mats ever, you guy buy everything aside from slabs which are limited to 8 per playthrough, so maxing is your only real limit.

I've yet to see anyone use the branding iron, the moveset is really shitty and not sure how much effect it has on HP. I'm sure it's nothing like the PVE Jailer bullshit.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Oh ok, that was my confusion then, haven't really familiarized myself with the Twin sword yet. Maybe it's the twin Goddard swords I was thinking of, basically the dual swords weapon, works really well when buffed and has a sweet moveset. All of the dual weapon sets are pretty cool actually, a nice mix up to the standard set of arms from previous games.

I'm going to have to try out the iron. I know that the jailers use their gaze to lower your HP as well so you're probably right that it won't be the same amount of damage. But that would be sweet if it was...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

7. Ah yeah, the Twin Goddard swords are really good.

8. I really enjoyed using the Mercenary twin scimitars on my Drizzt run, the L1 attack string looks pretty cool and the weapon art ("spin to win") is great. (I just wish they'd have kept L1 as block when duel-wielding and had the attack string currently mapped to L1 replace the R1 string instead. Why would I want to do 1-handed attacks when I've got both weapons out?) I looked forward all game to upgrading to the Dancer's blades; they look so cool, but it turns out they suck. The moveset is crap, the damage is divided into THREE types (when even two is a pretty big drawback with how defense is applied in this game), and you have to spread your points evenly across all four offensive stats to get enough damage output to be worthwhile.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 24 May 2016 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Catacombs bridge trolling is fun as hell. The number of people who will stupidly run out on the bridge to pick up som prism stones is dumbfounding.

10. I got to the Catacombs today, and the boss wrecked me with all those damn skeletons. Great place to farm titanite shards, though!