Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I hope he's named xXx_Drizzsephiroth69_xXx to complete it.
    psssh... nothing personnel, kid

2. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    I didn't find the soul transposition guy until way late. I was wondering what the heck to do with all the boss souls. I'm guessing that little dude was perched up there the whole time and I just didn't see him. Ha.
    Can confirm he is there from the beginning, but I also didn't notice him until after I'd beaten 4 or 5 bosses and was looking to do something with their souls.

It turns out I missed an entire boss fight as well! It was one of those times when I thought I had checked all the hallways and I knew right where to go but saw some other path and followed it through instead, never to return. Whoops! I probably spent a good hour before NG+ just wracking my brain trying to think of areas I'd seen but not gone to, and eventually decided I'd get them all next time and just started it up.

3. He's there from the start, but you can't make boss soul items until you give him the item you get from beating the boss of the Undead Settlement (which, now that I think about it, might be optional? The path to the next area doesn't go through the boss room anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. BTW: when you have to option to make Havel's Ring, for the love of god take it. The other option (Boulder Hurl spell) is WORTHLESS. I expected to shoot them a hundred feet like the demon does... nope, it's a long-melee range spell, with too long a windup to be useful at such close range and only slightly better damage than the long range fireballs.

5. Yeah, that boss is optional. So the boss items are optional too. I haven't found any of the weapons or spells to be comparable to what you can find in the game, myself. The rings, yes, but that's it, really.

I'm right at what I'm assuming is the final boss. I have two weapons at +10 - dark barbed sword and lightning uchigatana; I've used those and a chaos scimitar for the bulk of the game. It seems much easier to max upgrade weapons this time - there's upgrade materials all over the place. I just killed all the NPCs (except the shop woman) for their stuff too.

Pineapple, which boss did you miss? Wonder if I might have missed any. While wandering around to harvest souls and search for goodies, I discovered I also completely missed an NPC and bonfire in the Undead Settlement and an NPC in the Road of Sacrifices, not to mention the entire Smouldering Lake area. It seems really easy to miss stuff. I can only imagine how many hidden walls I haven't found.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

6. I missed the Nameless King in the Archdragon Peak area. Basically after you beat the first boss it teleports you in front of a new bonfire. I lit that and looked through the doorway and thought "Oh yeah, I've been that way before" and so I used the bonfire to warp back to an area I hadn't explored, and never went back. In actuality I had been on the other side of the doorway earlier and never progressed through the area, so it was totally my fault.

As far as boss weapons go, I'm still using Yhorm's Cleaver (or whatever it's called), it's the only one I got to +5 because I only found one Slab. Sounds like you found more, WHERE ARE THEY?!??!?! But seriously, that thing is a BEAST, it devours enemy poise and usually does 800+ per hit, it's goddamn nasty and I love it (STR and DEX build).

7. That enemy is my very last one to do. What an asshole too. I screwed up and got the weak sauce ending thinking I could go back and try it again. Nope.

Amazing game overall. I'm right around the 65 hour mark. That is insane for me.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. Click for full size

Schmendrick comes to Lothric

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    WHERE ARE THEY?!??!?!
    I've found three: one was at the bottom of the two-tiered elevator in Lothric Castle that leads up to the castle gate outside the Twin Princes fight, another was an auto-drop for killing three fat golden knights at the top of a castle turret at the beginning of the bridge leading to the Twin Princes fight, and the shop woman sells one for 30K souls after you place all five cinders.

With as much hidden stuff as there is, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

10. You can get up to 8 per playthrough. (And I found 7 before looking it up! Only one I didn't find on my own was the one from the crow.)
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 06 May 2016 at 07:55 PM.