Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Bomb (PC) -- Splash Damage's new FPS

1. PC Dirty Bomb (PC) -- Splash Damage's new FPS

Dirty Bomb is now in open beta and is free to try on Steam.

I tried a few rounds tonight and it basically plays like Brink without the parkour. You can wall jump in this game but I think that's it?

I enjoy the gameplay's focus on class skills and teamwork, but the art and weapons in this game feel incredibly generic and unsatisfying.

Splash Damage are still pretty good at level design and game balance, but how could they not find some better artists to hire after being out of the genre for so long?

Last edited by jyoung; 28 Jun 2015 at 06:51 PM.

2. I played a couple rounds of this as well and wasn't into it at all. There isn't a gameplay hook to the game. Disappointed.

3. I beta'd this earlier this year and it was absolute trash. Nothing redeeming about it at all.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I played a couple rounds of this as well and wasn't into it at all. There isn't a gameplay hook to the game. Disappointed.
    The hook is the different classes and the in-map objectives. I do still enjoy the good old Splash Damage gameplay style. But the art style and the guns in this game are all pretty much generic garbage.

I've been playing a bit over the last couple of weeks and will probably get on tonight after dinner in about 20 minutes or so. The game shines when you get a good team together but sucks if you're just playing lone wolf with a group of clueless strangers.
    Last edited by jyoung; 28 Jun 2015 at 09:34 PM.

5. 10/10 for this map design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10_10.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	850.4 KB 
ID:	77047

6. I saw a gun, what did YOU see ?!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I saw a gun, what did YOU see ?!

8. The Good News

1) It's a double credits weekend starting Friday and running through Monday.

2) PC Gamer is still giving away a free code to unlock the Fragger mercenary.

3) Alienware is giving away free elite loadouts for the two starting mercenaries, Aura and Skyhammer.

The Bad News

The game balance is totally borked right now thanks to the super OP class that was released on Tuesday called Phantom. He has the best SMG in the game, close to the best speed in the game, an invisibility cloak that shields him from damage, and a sword with ridiculous range that can one-hit-kill most mercenaries. Phantom will probably be nerfed soon -- maybe next week -- but until then, I basically leave any room that has more than one Phantom running around because it's so unfun.

9. The OP Phantom class has been nerfed, so it's safe to play Dirty Bomb again!

And melee attacks in general got a bit of a global nerf, but I still managed to get a decent number of knife kills, since that was the only thing I could do tonight on an 80-100 ping server.

When I get a Proxy card with the 20% melee damage boost, it will be curtains for you all! Curtains, I tell you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KNIFED.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	77185

10. gg's

my crew was playing and we were all in TS so sorry about the team switches.

Puma13, Olde, scuba, and Chaosfire.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.