Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger calls out the judges of the modern body builder.

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger calls out the judges of the modern body builder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSFUQt26WE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLy5Ccnw5sU

I think Arnold brings up some very valid points. The modern body builder of today looks more like a mutant, than an actual human beings. Would you want a statue of some these guys in front of some Greek palace?
    Last edited by gamevet; 10 Jun 2015 at 11:59 PM.

I'd say Arnold in his prime was already a little bigger than what I would consider a beautiful physique. Modern dudes are gross as hell.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Roids will do that to you.

4. Arnold's been bitching about this for a while now, and he's totally right. Bodybuilding used to be about creating a beautiful physique. These days you've got these freaks with big distended HGH guts lumbering around the stage who can barely hold a pose for more than a second before getting out of breath. They need to start drug testing in the worst way.

5. roids are a hell of a drug

6. The muscle injection thing is batshit crazy. I don't understand how those guys think it looks good let alone normal. It looks like bone tumors.

Can't test for HGH, yo.

8. You need to draw blood for it, I believe.

Does Arnold still associate with the Arnold Classic? The bodybuilding competition that doesn't do drug testing?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I'd say Arnold in his prime was already a little bigger than what I would consider a beautiful physique. Modern dudes are gross as hell.
    His physic was very balanced though. You had guys like Lou Ferrigno that were just as big, but he did not have a slender mid-section like Arnold had. It was Arnold's focus on symmetry that helped him dominate the sport during his time.