Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Legacy (3DS), spiritual successor to SaGa series by ex-Square vets

1. The Legend of Legacy (3DS), spiritual successor to SaGa series by ex-Square vets

JP release date: January 22nd, 2015
    NA release date: Fall 2015
    EU release date: ???

http://www.atlus.com/legendoflegacy/index.html

Gematsu:
    The Legend of Legacy, FuRyu’s 3DS RPG from staff behind SaGa and other notable games, is coming to North and South America this fall, publisher Atlus announced. It will be released in retail stores and digitally for for $39.99 / CA$49.99.

The game sees players unravel the secret agendas each one of its seven playable explorers has in store for Avalon, a mysterious new island that materialized in the middle of the sea from out of nowhere.

Its staff includes, but is not limited to:

Illustrator – Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series)
    Composer – Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII)
    Writer – Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger)
    Designer – Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series)
    Director – Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)

Get the full overview below, via Atlus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlus PR
    Overview

In The Legend of Legacy, Seven adventurers – Liber, Meurs, Owen, Bianca, Garnet, Eloise, Filmia – arrive on the mysterious island of Avalon to pursue their own agenda as explorers. They team up with two of the other adventurers to achieve their objectives – be it exploring the island for treasure, looking for the “god” on the island, or recovering lost memories. But things change when they discover a singing stone that causes the party to see phantasms of Avalon’s forgotten history.

In addition to exploring the island of Avalon, Combat will offer plenty of challenges in The Legend of Legacy. Combat is turn-based, but players will have the option to create their own formations tailored to their party of three, meaning each party member can be put into a different combat role (defending, attacking, supporting, etc.) at any given time. Formations can be saved and changed between turns as well, giving players plenty of options to maximize their strategies.

Features
    • Seven Unique Perspectives – Each character in The Legend of Legacy has their own motivation for exploring Avalon, and their individual conclusion at the story’s resolution. Play through as each character to see them all!
    • Combat Gets Classless – Managing formations to instruct specific combat roles instead of fixed classes adds a different level of challenge for battle enthusiasts.
    • Legendary Development – Illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series), renowned composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII), writer Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger), game designer Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series), and Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) all come together to create this brand new experience.
    • Balanced for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!

2. Weren't the SaGa games all pretty much terrible except for their graphics?

This one closes that loophole.

4. Characters look very reminiscent of Bravely Default.

5. Balanced for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!
    This is probably good The battle system is cool but some battles take way too long.

i got the jp version because people were saying there was no story and i thought it would be good for learning Japan language but there was an awful lot of dialog for "no story".

Donk

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Weren't the SaGa games all pretty much terrible except for their graphics?
    Click for full size
    Donk

7. i'm just going to keep posting in this thread so people think someone else posta'd before me and they think it's very lively
    Donk

8. If I like the GB and PS1 SaGa games but don't like Unlimited SaGa or pleasure, will I like this game?

9. Maybe. It's more like Romancing than Unlimited, but the core of the game is mapping out areas and i don't think you like that.
    Donk

10. I will buy this and love it. Fuck the haters.