Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tetris: The Grand Master 4 - The Masters of Round

1. Tetris: The Grand Master 4 - The Masters of Round

Surprise- Arika is doing a 4th Tetris: The Grand Master for arcades after all. Tetris TGM 4 will be published by Sega rather than Taito.

This one will show the 3 pieces immediately following the Next one (TGM3 shows 2 other pieces after the Next). I'm not too sure about the new background style though. The TGM 3 space theme BGs are better IMO. Hopefully Megaten & Aya will be doing the soundtrack here.

Arcadeheroes story about TGM4 The Masters of Round

This needs a 360 port, especially one that includes TGM3 as bonus content.

Not enough Tetris? Sega also has a different Tetris game in a XXL size cabinet. The joysticks' tops are the size of a basketball.

Arcadeheroes story - Sega's Jumbo Tetris game

2. Shocked. Seriously, I'm surprised this is happening. Wonder if TTC is caving in?

Thanks for the heads up. Don't know what else they could possibly do after TGM3, that game is fucking perfect.

3. I honestly have no idea what the hell they would even do in an update to TGM. The endgame of TGM3 seemed like it was hitting the limits of human ability; even Grand Master-ranked players seem like they struggle keeping up when the speed is turned all the way up.

The brighter backgrounds seem odd; the series has always come across as being hardcore almost to a fault, and something even remotely cheery seems out of place. With that said, more Sampling Masters is always a good thing.

4. Curious. Always wanted to try these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Don't know what else they could possibly do after TGM3, that game is fucking perfect.
    Where can normal people play that game? I didn't think it was emulated.

5. Honestly, I've only played clones of it. But Texmaster is so good that the real thing must be crazy! Special Ti mode.

http://tetrisconcept.net/forum/showthread.html?t=2

6. SRS BSNS TETRIS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. the best kind of Business Tetris!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Shocked. Seriously, I'm surprised this is happening. Wonder if TTC is caving in?

Thanks for the heads up. Don't know what else they could possibly do after TGM3, that game is fucking perfect.
    You're welcome. I'm wondering what they'll follow up Shirase (3 pieces a second) with.

If TTC is starting to relax their guidelines a bit, maybe we may get a great Tetris game for 360 (maybe even PS3) someday instead of a just good one.

9. Video!

TGM4 title screens. Unfortunately, there's no game play shown.

Mihara did a new posting according to Tetrisconcept (thanks to Domino @ shmupsforum for the below stuff)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino
    * will use the New Net City cab at AM show
    * SD/HD compatible
    * "kindness" as the theme; hardcore players will continue to experience hardcore, while "half-assed players" may say the game got dumbed down and declare the game dead. Mihara looking forward to hearing such things from halfasses.
    * will use Sega Ringwide, but not necessarily published by Sega; too early to tell
    * Theme will involve reincarnating life; the word "round" being one of the key words
    * Rules will differ between SRS/ARS in some modes; In SRS-Master you aim for score while in ARS faster clear times
    * Controls will feature some "kindness"; ARS will have an added "special" button, no details on what it does yet
    * the new Konoha mode will be quite controversial; Jin8, who is helping with testing, is already hooked. Prepare to doubt your own eyes ... in the galgame elements thrown in
    * Hints: Jin8 has no interest in galgames whatsoever; Kitakitsune alerts are very important; Has there ever been a galgame before with such lack of will to reveal?
    * Sorry in advance to those who may say this isn't their image of TGM. But this is a game of skill.
    * 3 modes; Master, Rounds, Konoha
    * "Leaving behind 1/60"
    * tuning has been hell because of this decision; spent the last 3 weeks thinking about it day and night
    I think Mihara wants this one to be more "accessible". LOL at the "half-assed players" comments. Could the new button in ARS be a 180-turn button?

The backgrounds in this teaser video look a bit too Disney for a "serious business" Tetris game, but I guess I'll take them over the junk in PS1 Tetris X. That said, hopefully the music doesn't veer off in a like direction - I want some more kickass TGM 3/Ridge Racer type tracks, not cartoony jingles.

Looks like Sega is just providing the hardware. Taito might be the publisher again, especially considering they've published several games for Sega Naomi including Shikigami no Shiro II, Trizeal, & Psyvariar 2.

10. Leaving behind 1/60?

What does that mean? Not 30fps, right?