Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dishonored 2 (PC, PS4, One)

1. The PS4 version I got came with a download code for the first game. I won't lie that pleased me, justifying not repurchasing it when it came out again. I'll be downloading that soon.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I really enjoyed Dishonored 1, but I don't know, I kind of feel about this the way I did about DX MD. Both seem totally skippable.
    DXMD is really good, and a nice improvement over HR.

Way too early in this one to say. I absolutely love the world and style so far. Got it on PS4 so I could lend it to my girlfriend when I'm done, and now I'm feeling better about that decision. I'll still probably get it on PC for $15 in a couple years.

3. Just finished the 3rd area - hospital island. Starting to get the hang of it. The fighting is Garbage, but the stealth is quite nice. So far I'm maintaining low chaos.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Just finished the 3rd area - hospital island. Starting to get the hang of it. The fighting is Garbage, but the stealth is quite nice. So far I'm maintaining low chaos.
    I've heard people say the opposite. I think maybe Corvo is more combat-oriented and Emily more stealth.

I'm on mission 6 right now (Emily, very hard, objective markers turned off). My biggest complaint about the first game was that it was too easy because of some powers (like teleport/kill). I'm finding the sequel more challenging and strategic. You can kill many enemies easily with the pull/kill move but there are plenty of situations where it's not abusable. So far, it seems like a more well balanced game. And parts like the clockwork mansion help differentiate it from the first game.

6. Shit gets really interesting when you get to the Mansion mission. You'll know what I mean.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I'm on mission 6 right now (Emily, very hard, objective markers turned off). My biggest complaint about the first game was that it was too easy because of some powers (like teleport/kill). I'm finding the sequel more challenging and strategic. You can kill many enemies easily with the pull/kill move but there are plenty of situations where it's not abusable. So far, it seems like a more well balanced game. And parts like the clockwork mansion help differentiate it from the first game.
    Yeah, so far I'm really enjoying it. It's definitely not a generational leap forward like Mankind Divided was to Human Revolution. It feels like a prettier, bigger, better balanced Dishonored. But Dishonored was such a great game, I'm pretty cool with not reinventing the wheel.

I'm still undecided on if I like Dishonored or Mankind Divided more as a game overall. I'm also interested to see how Otherside's upcoming games compare to these.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Shit gets really interesting when you get to the Mansion mission. You'll know what I mean.
    Agree much. The clockwork mansion has some good level design with the switches you pull to change the layout. Later, you lose your powers for awhile at Stilton Manor, but there's some interesting Singularity-style time jumping.
    The Chaos system this time is tweaked a bit, with NPCs having varying levels of morality that influence the Chaos gain when you kill them.

I think I like DH2 & DXMD about the same. Both are wonderful.

9. The Clockwork Mansion level was wonderful, I loved the ideas at play from the ambush by the rune with the Howlers to the incident at the Black Market and the fact that it's really 3 levels rolled into one. Playing through it the first time I was pulling every lever in Jindosh's place and letting him know I was there by doing so, went to the door and talked to him face to face, then freaked out when he released the Clockwork Soldiers. Very cool that all of a sudden this big room that was empty and explorable has now slightly changed and has enemies that can see forwards and back skulking through it. Spent about 4 hours getting acquainted with the mansion and eventually beating it, just to realized I'd left 2 bodies by an elevator door that I thought was no longer in use and that killed the Ghost part of the run. Soooooo retry.

The second time through, I decided not to pull any lever unless absolutely necessary. This changed the entire flow of the level. The only Clockwork soldiers that ever came to life were the two guarding Jindosh and the one guarding Sokolov. Jindosh made reference to knowing someone was in the house after I had to pull a level in the second room *you cannot get through without doing this on the way in and out, in my estimation*. But after that no one knew I was there, and there was a fun achievement for taking Jindosh out without him knowing I was in the house. And I still missed like 3000 monies. I love the amount of stuff there is to find in this game, and the myriad ways you can go about getting it.

I'm onto the 7th mission now, looking forward to taking Emily through for a second run where I can snuff some fools.