Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 79101112 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, PS4, One)

1. Right now, I've favored the Concussive Shot, Incinerate, & Overload. Chasing an Incinerate with the CS is a good fire combo. I sort of miss being able to call on squad members to use one of their powers. You can just tell them "go here" or "attack this". At least they let you know if they're using a power, and can respond to your primer attacks Having a favorites list to choose between 4 sets of powers does help. ME:A has good flexibility in how you play. Sometimes Soldier is the way to go, but switching out to Engineer may be helpful, for example. It's one step back in some ways but two steps forward in others.

Ryder's improved mobility is a plus. The jumping reminds me of Crysis 2/3, complete with holding down the space bar to jump higher/further, and the ledge grab is helpful.
    The glyph grid puzzles are fun. Dodging as an Infiltrator does include a brief moment of cloaking.

2. The glyphs are annoying. Not the hardest thing ever but takes me right out of the game.

3. It's not dead. It's developers are dead. The franchise is going to be made again once the good Bioware teams are available to make it.

4. I doubt it. Games like Andromeda kill franchises.

I mean maybe in 10 years there will be a ME reboot, long after ME:A, but that's about it.

5. I think most of the flack Andromeda gets is rather unmerited.

Even if only as NPCs, it would've been nice to see Liara and/or Wrex make some sort of appearance, given the Asari & Krogan lifespans.

6. I played 5 hours and want nothing to do with it anymore. Franchise is dead to me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I doubt it. Games like Andromeda kill franchises.

I mean maybe in 10 years there will be a ME reboot, long after ME:A, but that's about it.
    Reimagining Mass Effect in the mold of Destiny makes too much sense. The ardent Bioware fanboys and fangirls will likely get on board anyways, regardless of actual quality, but especially so if they come out selling the appearance of compelling story quests and the romance options above all else from the onset. And the game, if not simplified enough already, will cater to the mainstream as an online co-op experience that the market seems to be responding well to.

Off the top of my head, it's clearly the one EA IP that is both capable and relevant enough to accomplishing this.

I suppose the one concern would be overlap with their Star Wars games. If Battlefront is any indication, they're already squarely aimed at delivering the equivalent of fast food for casual players with that sci-fi license.

8. I do like having the Nomad to drive around in, even if it has no mounted cannon like the Mako.
    Once, I did have a Remnant taking potshots at me from INSIDE a wall. Luckily, it did eventually come out to get scrapped before I thought about moving on.

BTW, Origin just showed an available update for this of about 1.29 GB. Downloading now.

Mass Effect Online could work, as long as SP mode remains available (let's not go online only like the PC Diablo III). There should still be some AI NPCs, but the party size should stay limited to 3.

9. Thinking of getting this on PC instead of PS4. Any issue with games with Origin (I recall they suck for some reason, i.e. not steam).