Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 689101112 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, PS4, One)

1. I just don't get how they decided to call back to ME1 by keeping all the worst parts of that game (terrible interface + mindless driving) while also keeping the worst part of ME2 (planet scanning) and simplifying the combat even more. Oh and then hiring people who couldn't get a part on Resident Evil to do the voice acting.

It's all so misguided.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    The new conversation system is better. I like the responses way more because the choices are now much more natural things instead of the normal Bioware extreme heaven/hell decisions, and I think the personality development is now supposed to be more general and slow paced instead of just filling up a meter like the previous games.
    If you're trying to play a role, filling up meters isn't necessarily a bad thing. I went into ME2 deciding I was going to play Renegade and I played as a "take no shit and get the job done" type of person (Renegade wasn't really a bad guy). Actually I'd say ME did the personality types better than their other games.

ME1 was the difference between save a baby and eat a baby. ME2 was the difference between being boring or awesome.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Actually I'd say ME did the personality types better than their other games.
    Yeah, most Bioware games are really bad when it comes to the dialogue options.

Choice A: Sensible response
    Choice B: Retarded extreme
    Choice C: Let's have sex

Mass Effect was the exception for the most part. I have no idea why a company that does this kind of thing so much is so bad at it.

5. because it sells? why change it when your audience laps it up?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    also keeping the worst part of ME2 (planet scanning)
    This is barely even in the game.

I enjoyed discovering how to make personal combos that caused chain explosions, so the more enemies I can fight at once the stronger I get. I'm not a big fan of tech now being way stronger than biotics, but being able to level everything and then swap ability profiles as you need them is pretty cool.

So far this game feels a bit smaller in scope than ME1, likely due to the lack of alien races. There's a couple token members of the more prominent races from the trilogy but all the "flavor" aliens are completely gone in favor of a Star Trek-like introduction of one evil species and one good species. Although really, a lot of ME:A feels more Star Trek compared to ME's Star Wars.

7. Don't you have to scan a ton of shit on the planets?

8. Nope, just hit scan once, bam.

Once per planet.

9. You can click to look at each planet once for a sidequest if you want. If you want some crafting materials then about a third of the planets have one object to scan and the game verbally tells you when you look at a planet that has a scannable object. For about half of those the object is a bright glowing dot so you don't even have to scan around.

You get materials by hitting a button when you drive past minerals in the Nomad, and the game tells you where mineral deposits are (almost always right next to other quests).

10. The animation gif compilations are so prolific I can't take this game seriously. My brother says the multiplayer is pretty fun though.