Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, PS4, One)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Let's be honest, nobody plays Bioware games because they look great or the combat is riveting. It's all about the story, branching dialogue, etc. I'll get to this someday.
    Speak for yourself, I really liked the biotic combat rushing around in ME2/3. I skip cinemas.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 20 Mar 2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm only half (okay, less than that) paying attention. Are people freaking out because not every character looks like Barbie or is there something more to it?
    They're complaining that the face tech pretty much stopped at ME1. It's very stilted and robotic, not that such a thing stopped people from playing male Shepard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Let's be honest, nobody plays Bioware games because they look great or the combat is riveting. It's all about the story, branching dialogue, etc. I'll get to this someday.
    By ME3 it actually had pretty good combat and played great, but then people complained that the combat was too good and wasn't RPG-y enough or something.

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Speak for yourself, I really liked the biotic combat rushing around in ME2/3. I skip cinemas.
    You know what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Lots of games have good game parts
    Yeah, which is why I tend to like way more games than I have time for.

5. Here's an updated video of the MOCAP team at work on the game.

6. I've yet to see the infamous 'crab walk' happen - not like that would change the fact that the combat's pretty dang fun.

7. LeBron james is in this game?

8. It seems like most the major reviews are pretty articulate about the game's issues (and subsequent low'ish scores), I'm not sure why people are baffled by them. Maybe they disagree, but to act like there's no conversation on how they were earned is just lazy.

My take is that demanding people will be annoyed at the missed opportunities and uncritical people will be moderately entertained by the combat.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    You mean the game parts of the game are pretty good? I'm fine with that.
    Not an unreasonable position, but there are plenty of good first/third-person shooters that don't make you sit through hour upon hour of bad RPG to get to the shooty bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. All the talk about how the combat is "faster" and "more fluid" omits that they completely took out party control. And that annoys me because setting up combos with the NPCs was a lot of fun in the old games and set it apart from every other action game.