Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, PS4, One)

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, PS4, One)

Normally I'd be disappointed by Holiday 2016, but I think a year between Fallout 4 and this will be healthy.

2. I need to see game play before I give a shit.

I remember the experience of the first Mass Effect being incredible and each entry after that has felt smaller and less, I don't even know how to describe it, less tactile? Immersive? Real? I don't know. The first Mass Effect was a fucking experience and the third was just another fucking game. I want meaningful choices and better environments.

3. Here's what changed: the first one was an RPG disguised as a shooter; the sequels were shooters with RPG elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. The first created a new rip-off Star Wars universe to explore that ended on a note of beginnings and things to come. The second was mostly just about putting together a crew and the third was all big sweeping decisions. They all had a different focus, but a lot of times nothing is going to match your first experience, no matter how much better the later stuff is.

Based on EA's shareholder meeting, it appears this won't show up until 1Q (calendar) 2017, which is EA's financial 4Q. The second half of 2016 sure seems light at the moment, though we did see Bethesda pull off the announce at E3 and release by year-end with Fallout 4, so that could change.

Q1 2017 confirmed

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Based on EA's shareholder meeting, it appears this won't show up until 1Q (calendar) 2017, which is EA's financial 4Q. The second half of 2016 sure seems light at the moment, though we did see Bethesda pull off the announce at E3 and release by year-end with Fallout 4, so that could change.
    Todd Howard recently said he'd rather see 6 month hype builds instead of 3 year drips. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see something from Bethesda.

They are doing an E3 conference again, and Doom will already be out, so they're going to need something besides Dishonored 2 and Fallout DLC.

10. There is no way this hits any earlier than Winter 2017. They couldn't even scrape together a trailer.

That said, the footage in there looks R A D.