Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    At 4-5 hours in, the human on human combat is... fine, but the machine combat can be exceptional. Against some of the bigger Zoids there's a Vanquish quality that comes through. When it's dark out, you're firing fire arrows, and there's sparks and flames going everywhere, it's absolutely thrilling.
    Get something with the tear explosion ability then shoot an arrow right on the canisters on the back of the deer things and watch all of them blow off and the thing die instantly and tell me you're not having fun. You can't do it.

Edit: so all promotional shots and videos I saw were the same location you start in. You go other places. They are different environments and based on different cultures. It's really fucking good looking. I don't want to spoil shit, but it's a pleasant surprise to see this much variety.
    Last edited by Opaque; 02 Mar 2017 at 01:52 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Jak2 is pretty much their worst game though.

So that's not good.
    I really liked Jak 2, I felt like it was the first time they did something genuinely different than Crash and made it good.

3. Nobody ever lists Rings of Power for some reason. Or that 3DO fighter I don't remember the name of.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    What are your thoughts of Jim Sterling?
    I'm not overly familiar with him, but I watched his impressions of the game this morning and it seemed pretty decent.
    He's a bloated bag of hot air. I avoid his videos like the plague.

5. Just got to Meridian, and things are opening up nicely.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Nobody ever lists Rings of Power for some reason. Or that 3DO fighter I don't remember the name of.
    Way of the Warrior. I remember going to someone's dorm in college because he was playtesting WotW and said it was one of the best fighting game ever made. I played a couple of rounds and left.

7. He was drunk

8. That was smack in the middle of Mortal Kombat hysteria.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I kind of want this, but kind of fuck Guerrilla Games because they haven't made one game worth a shit.
    I like Killzone 3, which was pretty amazing considering the hardware limitations. Killzone Shadowfall was a pretty good first person shooter as well.

This game looks pretty amazing. Digital Foundry has a pretty good video about all of the neat effects and tricks that this game has on hand. It's a big step up from Far Cry: Primal, that has a good bit of slowdown on the PS4.

10. The lighting is out of control good.
    Boo, Hiss.