Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

1. If you have an EVGA (maybe any Nvidia?) card get PrecisionX, it's on Steam now so it'll update without you dealing with their shitty website.

Free of course.

2. I do have EVGA, thanks! I ended up checking out Open Hardware Monitor and found that, while the case feels warm, the card is topping off at 70-75C, no higher. Wouldn't mind a few degrees less but that's fine.

Also, 100%-ed my starting planet. Scanning those stupid flying birds that darted all over the place was a pain, but you can scan their corpses so it got completed in the end. Next up, taking off into spaaaaaaaaaaaace!

3. Yo, people are straight up mad about this game. I don't get it. It's fun.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I don't know. Based on the production values (or lack of them), this seems like a $20 game.
    But based on the scope of it I'm fine with it being full priced.
    I give no shits about multiplayer or whatever, so if that's what people are mad about...whatevs.
    I will be very pissed if I one day go to my ship and find it ransacked, or if some shitheads kill me and take my shit.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I don't know. Based on the production values (or lack of them), this seems like a $20 game.
    But based on the scope of it I'm fine with it being full priced.
    I said $60 was a mistake when it was announced. I'm alright with my purchase, would have preferred $40.

I'll buy it when it is cheap or if it is modable.

7. Honestly, at this point I value time more than cost. If a game is going to keep me going for near-endless hours then I'm good with it being full priced. I liked the idea of No Man's Sky more than enough to consider it worth the money, and the time I've put in (still in the first solar system working towards the warp drive) shows me that I'll be playing it plenty. It's definitely not a game for everyone, though, and that's probably the issue. People are pissed that it's the game that the first trailer showed, rather than whatever it was they dreamed it would be.

8. I don't think anyone really gives a shit.

9. That's because you aren't paying attention to what the masses of crazy and stupid people are saying. There's a whole lot of toxicity in the Steam forums and elsewhere. Not worth looking at, but it's there. It's a tiny percentage of the total, but they've got this whiny vicious feedback loop going that makes them seem much bigger than they actually are.

10. I get a Starflight vibe when I see this game. I'm really interested in the idea of exploring planets and gathering resources.