Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

1. So is this Spore: Adventure Edition or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I liked Spore for a little while, then the novelty wore off and it felt like a sub par version of all the things it was trying to do. This game, on the other hand, grabbed my attention instantly and hasn't let go. It reminded my heavily of Subnautica for the first hour, and then more things became available to do and it really started to feel like this massive thing all it's own. I've had a couple random crashes, but putting it into Borderless mode really helped that out. Occasionally after playing for 3 hours straight the game will slow down and become a Powerpoint presentation, but a quick restart fixes that. This game is wholly immersive and I'm hooked. Only met 2 races so far and visited 3 systems. Can't wait to keep going.

3. Bought a ps4 and this today.

Started up the game and it locked up on me while I was looking at the debris around my ship.

4. The PC version is pretty rough from what I've read. Interface and control binding issues, weird performance hitches, and occasional crashes seem to be the common complaints.
    None of it is surprising or out of the ordinary for a modern PC game launch.

All of that is out of the ordinary for a modern PC launch that isn't managed by WB.

If it weren't out of the ordinary, Steam reviews wouldn't be lighting it on fire.

6. So I pushed on and finished the Atlas Journey, but it's not the end of the game. Hmm.

7. I fucked around on a friends PS4 copy, and there's a lot of promise here.

I think this is the foudnation of a truly great game next time, just not this time.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I fucked around on a friends PS4 copy, and there's a lot of promise here.

I think this is the foudnation of a truly great game next time, just not this time.
    I agree completely. If they can add real ship / exosuit customization, and a crafting system similar to Fallout 4, this would be my dream game.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    this seems to be the theme of a number of games this gen

10. http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif