Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

1. Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    That's damned funny. Watched 5 times. Laughed every time.

2. Did people actually expect every planet to look like that trailer?

3. Fucking lol.

I was curious about the game but all the crafting shit and randomly generated garbage are gaming sins for me these days.

4. Does any planet look like that?

5. Not just like that, but I landed on this planet tonight. A little frozen but with plenty of different kinds of plants and animals, sometimes even attacking each other-

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Just came across the largest pillar of gold I've seen yet. Got 4000 units of gold out of it.

7. I came across Gold The Planet the other day. I actually turned it off after a while because I got bored of making money.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. I think I'm done with it for a while. I've got a ship I really like, plenty of suit slots, just about fluent in vykeen and working on gek, and more money than God.
    I'm very bored with searching planets, especially since they're all the same (content wise) and I've scanned a bazillion multi tool kiosks and broken satellites or whatever, but I can't tell you the last time I got a blueprint that I didnt already have, and there's lots that I don't have yet. So it's not like I'm trying for just a few.

9. Fucking hell I can't find any goddamned Aluminum for the life of me. I'm jumping past multiple star systems at this point, making my way to the core, but my hyperdrive got damaged in the most bullshit of ways (an alien i was talking to damaged it even though it was supposed to something on the gun he broke). So now I'm stuck trying to find Aluminum. Finding all kinds of other shit I don't need. And what's worse is the space stations don't seem to want to sell it.

It's also starting to feel like it's going to take forever to get to the center. I'm 160,000 light years away right now and while I do find the odd blackhole helps it's still going to take forever.

10. This game is marvelous. I'm pretty confused about the amount of insane nerd rage that seems to be happening...this is exactly what I hoped and expected the game could be.

I love the opening: You're alone on a hostile planet, you're dying and everything is broken. It's a mad scramble to decipher the systems and controls before the planet kills you.

I've only discovered three planets near to each other in my starting solar system so far, but I'm starting to get a feel for things. I did most of my best work on Tomato Soup after migrating from Dogtooth, my home planet. I'm slowly learning to speak Gek and ingratiating myself into their culture.

Tomato Soup is home to more plutonium than a person could ever want, and dotted with occasional large outcroppings of emeril. As fuel for every terrestrial need was no longer a concern, I was able to make short hops all over the surface in search of the valuable green mineral. Taking a quick glance at the cargo bay of my ship, I realized I would need to abandon anything that was neither plutonium nor emeril, save a bit of carbon to bribe any Gek I might happen upon. After a couple of necessary upgrades to my mining gun I was happily on my way to my first million.

I must admit that I am still on the lookout for one of these "Atlas passes" that seem to govern dozens of locked doors on every planet and space station in the solar system. In a moment of weakness I took my frustrations out on a locked steel door. To my surprise, melee combat was the required key. Having assumed that a clue to the Atlas mystery was surely contained within, I was promptly disappointed.

I am now on an unnamed poisonous planet, covered in gigantic mushrooms wiping acid rain from my visor.
    Last edited by cigsthecat; 19 Aug 2016 at 01:37 AM.