Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

1. I'm up to my ears in aluminum on my current planet. I'd been passing on mining for gold or other minerals because I've been to a total of two star systems so far and now that I've got some inventory space I can't find any of the goodies worth selling.

2. So yeah, this game is pretty sick. Definitely learn to dash and boost around with the sprint/melee/jetpack combo. I'm zipping all over the place.

3. Browsing imgur and reddit, people are finding all sorts of amazing things. Let's start taking screenshots!

The ships in this game are straight up gorgeous.

Poison Planet is looking good-

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cigsthecat; 19 Aug 2016 at 02:44 AM.

4. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsFhv_Kz38

I basically agree with all of this.

5. been playing this on and off all week (thanks gog) and made it to the first black hole, went through, and really don't wanna play anymore... this gameplay of "warp to system X > OH NO, BANDITS > land on samey planet with a different colour scheme and mr potato head critters > (farm resources, get blueprints you already have, try to craft things but can't because the resource you need is in the slot you wiped, vicious cycle repeat) > leave" gets mighty old mighty fast

in theory, as say a $20 game this would've been a pretty incredible jaunt but as a $60 or $80 game nope

e: I would keep playing if I would get more of God's Abominations like in that twitter video but the wildest thing I've seen so far is the anime sex monster on the current planet I'm on, a dinosaur that looks like the dog from the daft punk videos in the 90s on my starter planet and something that resembles the green preying mantis thing in star wars attack of the clones
    Last edited by cka; 24 Aug 2016 at 09:27 PM.

6. I in no way got overhyped for this game. It's exactly what I thought it would be, except I thought it would be $20. And when I finally buy it, it will be! And probably have a lot more features too.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I in no way got overhyped for this game. It's exactly what I thought it would be, except I thought it would be $20. And when I finally buy it, it will be! And probably have a lot more features too.
    They might decide to sell new stuff for money. Hmm, "new"...in fact all these hinted or promised things, that simply aren't there.

8. I watched the video of what happens when you reach the center of the galaxy. What a fucking joke! It's almost insulting how bad it is.

9. I have no idea what happens, but I'd read that it was insulting and awful and that helped cement the decision that I was done with the game and sold it off. Wasn't bad for the net $3 it cost me to play it.

10. What happened with that Molyneux game where you had to chip away to the center of the cube?