Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

1. My first planet was Rampant Frontopia in the Chux Cluster.

Got off my first rock, went to another, hit up a space station and called it a night.

2. OK. Impressions.

What do you do? You wander around planets trying to find resources to continue your journey.

Is there a story? I would say right now there is the vaguest hint of a story.

Is it a fps? No.

Can I build a fancy castle like in Minecraft? No.

Whats the worst thing about the game so far other than not being able to build a fancy castle? The inventory is terribly small so far. It might get better with a bigger ship and such but right now it's irritating.

3. I can't speak for the rest of the country, but it seems upstate NY had no faith in this game. One of two Best Buys didn't get any beyond what was preordered, one Walmart got 3 copies and another 5, and Gamestop has already sold out however many they had.
    That means more people are coming here for a new release than normally would.
    But that also means I ran out too.

4. I kind of want it, but I'm also reading impressions that it's kind of boring so I'm not sure.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Its definitely a more cerebral game than I'm used to. Not overly so, but like I said I did get lost in a cave for half an hour last night. The game isn't really going to hold your hand.

6. Is there an online component (something like Dark Souls)?

7. Does the planet exploration feel more engaging than say...Mass Effect?

8. Yes, but your chances of running into another player are infinitesimal.

So far, I'm enjoying just loping around exploring, but the storage space for items is irritating. How that may change is yet to be seen.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. The only online component is a mild social thing, so far anyway. You might encounter a planet that some body else has discovered and named, like say Chux's Rampant Frontia, but otherwise I haven't seen anyone. It's a single player game that shares a universe with everyone.

In a lot of ways it's similar to the away team missions in the first Mass Effect, without the tank. You wander around scanning for resources you need, you find em and harvest them. You also have to keep your weapon charged and your suit charged, and it helps to not get too far away from your ship, because when you are in range of your ship you can transfer resources between yourself and the ship without having to be there. Magic or something. Plus Mass Effect away missions were in a very defined space, where as you can walk and walk and walk in this one.

10. It's slow, but I'm really enjoying all of the exploration.
    I'm focusing on vocabulary so I can understand what these fucks are saying.