Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122224252627 LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

1. Sure, but I framed it as a positive.

So it's a Lava Lamp? I'm not really against that idea. Fallout 4 is lava lamp-y. I might pick it up on the cheap. Lord knows I smoke enough weed that I'd probably enjoy it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. The problem IMO is even to that end I don't think there's enough variety yet. NMS is a great achievement as a demo concept. Once we can do that with encounters and variety in life forms it will get better.

4. Big update to this game just dropped, anyone going to hop back in?

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/foundation-update/

5. I updated, launched the game. There are now three options upon starting the game, you can load back into your old career, you can start a new one in a survival hard mode, or you can launch into a game where you can build and such without cost.

So far you can only build a base on a planet that already has a starting point, and I've only found one of those in the brief time I put into the game since updating. I didn't want to claim that planet as my home base though, so I moved on. You can hire aliens to work on your farm, they can be found on the local space stations.

Things still feel clumsy, despite claims of improved UI. I might not have figured out what I'm doing yet though.

edit: In fact they made some things even more clumsy. Making hyperdrive fuel now involves 2 menus, so 5 steps instead of 4.
    Last edited by Error; 27 Nov 2016 at 02:01 PM.

6. So I own a freighter now, though instead of being able to use it to jump into different systems I have to fly in with my small ship and call in my freighter. Not sure where they got that plan. There seem to be new upgrades to find, but I'm honestly not sure I care enough anymore.

7. Tried to start a Survival game, got my head handed to me. They're not screwing around on the difficulty level on that. Finally got to my ship and repaired it, then died and lost my inventory. Next up, back to my primary save to continue the sightseeing tour.

8. So i figured out the quick menu stuff. I was a moron, its pretty simple.

The expansion is pretty clearly trying to turn the game into minecraft in space. I found an enourmous aluminum mine on my first claimed planet. Made me wonder if home planets get more supplies.

Right now im hunting for a desert planet to mine a special mineral to get my base up to speed. A planet i probably encountered 100 times before i stopped playing. Would have been nice to know id need some of this shit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    The expansion is pretty clearly trying to turn the game into minecraft in space.
    There goes whatever remaining interest I had in this game.

10. I mean, you dont have to. You can continue on your quest for the center, but in terms of new content, base building is where its at.