Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8101112

Thread: Metroid Prime: Federation Force (3DS)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Deewtaei View Post
    New 3DSXL. It has a control option that uses the nub
    Ugh. I hate calling it that, lol. I always think of this:

Attached Images Attached Images

2. I can tell you what it makes me think of, but I can't post a pic of it in GD.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Deewtaei View Post
    I'm enjoying it, for what it is. It's NOT Metroid Prime but it's a competent (really impressive for a handheld) FPS that can be played in bite sized chunks that provides a "side story", if you will, to the Metroid universe.
    My thoughts exactly.

My brother and I play and it's fun. Playing with a team of randos and no mic is a crap shoot. Especially if you're trying for the higher score medals. If you just want to get through missions, you can more or less bungle through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Splatoon outsold this in Japan during launch week, which means this sold less than 4,441 copies.

5. Good FPS for a handheld is approaching "special" territory

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Splatoon outsold this in Japan during launch week, which means this sold less than 4,441 copies.
    Not that I think this game is going to be a big hit or anything but the Japanese game industry is virtually nonexistent. Nobody buys anything there anymore. The top selling game of the year is like 500k copies.

I get that everything is relative, but Splatoon is old and on a console, which definitely don't sell in Japan. To get beat by that is telling, no matter how small the home market is now.

8. Even the good Metroids have never been especially popular there.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Not that I think this game is going to be a big hit or anything but the Japanese game industry is virtually nonexistent. Nobody buys anything there anymore. The top selling game of the year is like 500k copies.
    The Jp market is dying and a shadow of its former self but it's not that bad yet (give it a few years). Monster Hunter X or Generations or whatever you want to call it sold 3 million last year, Yokai Watch 3 sold a million since its release last month, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and Splatoon are close enough to 1.5 million that they'll both probably hit it. Even Minecraft on Vita sold 800,000. The last Rhythm Heaven sold more than 600,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I get that everything is relative, but Splatoon is old and on a console, which definitely don't sell in Japan. To get beat by that is telling, no matter how small the home market is now.
    This sold twice as much as Codename STEAM! But it's still a case of "this has no appeal in Japan (if anywhere)".

Splatoon is really popular in Japan. It refused to drop out of the top 10 for ages. Comparing sales of any bomb to sales of Splatoon even a year later doesn't give perspective on either game. The extremely poorly-received Animal Crossing amiibo Festival sold 26,000, Chibi-Robo Ziplash sold 14,000. The average Compile Heart or Idea Factory game does better. It barely outsold PSP Otome game Kamigami no Asobi InFinite released in April 2016 at 2,251 copies.
    Donk