Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Wii U)

1. This is basically Fortune Street/Itadaki Street, which i realize no one here has played so you probably don't know that it's the best thing to cuss at friends over this side of Dokapon Kingdom. even if Animal Crossing is a weird choice for Itadaki Street.
    Donk

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    This is basically Fortune Street/Itadaki Street, which i realize no one here has played so you probably don't know that it's the best thing to cuss at friends over this side of Dokapon Kingdom. even if Animal Crossing is a weird choice for Itadaki Street.
    I own Fortune Street and have only played vs CPU. My friends refuse to purchase shops with me and are lame.

I saw the resemblance and am wondering if Isabelle will FINALLY entice pals to play something like this.

3. btw

Josh Thomas from popular YouTube channel The Bit Block has discovered that the recently announced Animal Crossing amiibo Festival will be a free to play title for the Wii U. So you certainly won’t be forking out for anything, other than the amiibo that you wish to use with the game. Interestingly the press release sent out by Nintendo of America just says that Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival will launch as a bundle that includes the game, two amiibo figures and three amiibo cards. Guess we get more concrete details at a later date.
    http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/17...-free-download

4. I am significantly less upset about a free game they let you mess with Amiibos in.

This kind of leaves the door open for a real AC being in the works.

5. I wonder how much content it'll actually have.

I kind of think the train for Animal Crossing on Wii U left the station (ha ha ha) when no one bought Wii U despite all that stuff they tried to show, including that Animal Crossing Plaza thing. My guess is that this isn't what they made instead of a larger AC experience, it's built on top of what they started to make but had to stop making when it wasn't viable.

I'd expect to see the next full AC thing on NX since they're already talking about it.
    Donk

6. They only mentioned the NX because stockhders thought Nintendo's mobile announcement meant they were out of hardware.

Makes sense this is free, since it requires Amiibo and good luck on that...

7. Apparently the board game is only one aspect of this game. With this and the rumours about it being free; I don't think Nintendo could've fucked up this game's reveal any harder.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

8. What's there to fuck up? It's a thing that's a thing. You'll all be getting the Amiibos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. They only mentioned the NX because stockhders thought Nintendo's mobile announcement meant they were out of hardware.
    Yeah, you could be right. I just think even mentioning the NX deflates anything they could announce for the Wii U. It's weird that they set the E3 event to be super low key. The Fire Emblem x SMT (actual) reveal, the Fatal Frame localization announcement, the Youkai Watch localization being announced at a Level-5 event (this is huge even if you don't care), announcements of new Smash characters, bringing Mother 1 out of the vault*, announcing Super Mario Maker and Star Fox last year despite being more relevant this year. They could've shook some of that stuff around, dropped a handful of those into the direct instead of announcing them early and it would've been amazing.
    They didn't even drop the bomb that Platinum is working on Star Fox until afterwards, which would've gotten a lot of people excited even if they didn't think it looked great. I didn't think anything they showed looked bad (Skylanders is kind of ugly), but it was all 2nd and 3rd tier announcements instead of a single (i hate to say the word) MEGATON.

I almost think it was on purpose, but i don't really understand why. It was underwhelming even for me, but i wonder if they expected people to smile and laugh and instead the internet wanted to break down the door and kill everyone inside.

You'll all be getting the Amiibos.
    NOT IF I FUCKING GET THERE FIRST ASSHOLE.

*yeah, i know it's dumping a rom that's been available for 15 years and it's not a good game even if it's kind of fascinating, but the implications are bigger than the actual game
    Donk

10. This was amazing though
    Quote Originally Posted by some dude on neogaf
    I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. "Announce something," I shrieked at my computer. My mom knocked on my bedroom door and had to ask if I was ok. Then, they started showing me a bunch of losers playing instruments dressed as Mario and I just turned it off. It was actually unbelievable.

Now, I'm 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I've ever seen in my life. It's clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad. They'll talk about the NX at next E3, but people will ignore it after remembering Blast Balls.

I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I'm an empty shell.
    i honestly don't know if it would be funnier if it was real or fake
    Donk