Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)

1. I have a very well designed school building. Everything else is just a room full of chairs so I can see the recap reel filled of villagers trying every single one.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

2. I'm loving this way more than I have any right to.

Home decorating in ACNL may have been my least favorite thing. But I think it's based on all the conceits made to fit it in a 'sim' environment. Needing inventory space to stockpile furniture, being unable to change neighbor's homes, waiting for stores to get the right items in stock...

HHD strips that all away. It says, 'you know, screw points, goals, and constraints and just make something that makes you happy,' and I had no clue that was what would make decorating in this world work for me. It's a great way to spend 20-60 minutes and mentally 'unwind' or, to give myself dumb 'challenges' that have nothing to do with any game mechanic. It's so un-game of a game I should hate it, but I really adore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. You have every right to enjoy it. It's a lego dollhouse that gives you enough of a direction so there's more to do than fill your house with toilets but stops there and lets you do that if that's what you really want to do. It's one of those games that makes me wish i had kids because it strikes me as something kids would love [hank hill]like that mine crafting[/hank hill] and it expands to be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be and it's super fun to show off what you made. I really like that i'm thinking "this is what this character will like" without much prompt.

anyway, here's my office after i cleared the scooters out:

and my restaurant kitchen with clean-burning propane

Donk

4. Those are amazing!

I haven't made many things, but I did like the cafe I made:

Last edited by Hero; 08 Oct 2015 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.