Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

1. Are there any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions of Nier, and if so, which one is better? I tried looking it up but it seemed kind of confusing with the Japanese releases and it started to get into the plot so I got scared.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I like Nier an awful lot - I wouldn't recommend someone interested in Automata play it as a requisite when they could get a story recap, though.

There's like...a ton of story/lore that is inscrutable even in a Nier playthrough. Would you also recommend people must play Drakengard, Drakengard 3, read the manga, watch the stage play, and fully invest in and experience every bit of content tied to this before they've earned the right to get into Automata? Or just let them catch up so they can see first hand why this series is interesting, using gameplay that isn't so clunky?
    Right. That's what turned me around on this series: good gameplay + interesting narrative ideas. I'll catch up on the older stuff later.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I like Nier an awful lot - I wouldn't recommend someone interested in Automata play it as a requisite when they could get a story recap, though.

There's like...a ton of story/lore that is inscrutable even in a Nier playthrough. Would you also recommend people must play Drakengard, Drakengard 3, read the manga, watch the stage play, and fully invest in and experience every bit of content tied to this before they've earned the right to get into Automata? Or just let them catch up so they can see first hand why this series is interesting, using gameplay that isn't so clunky?
    The link between 1 and 2 is much stronger than the link between 1 and drak 1. Nier is also a unique experience in a sea of jrpgs that is forever damaged if you ruin it with a video. Half the fun of Nier was trying to figure out what the fuck was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Are there any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions of Nier, and if so, which one is better? I tried looking it up but it seemed kind of confusing with the Japanese releases and it started to get into the plot so I got scared.
    US got a port of the 360 jp version on both systems. Japan's ps3 release let you play as the brother. 360, the dad. The story is exactly the same. If anything, the dad version is more beleiveble. Dad's will die for dauthers. Not so sure about brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Right. That's what turned me around on this series: good gameplay + interesting narrative ideas. I'll catch up on the older stuff later.
    It doesn't really matter now. You ruined the surprises and mystery. Who gives a shit about Nancy Drew when you already know old man Wilson really did it?

6. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Are there any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions of Nier, and if so, which one is better? I tried looking it up but it seemed kind of confusing with the Japanese releases and it started to get into the plot so I got scared.
    US versions, nope.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It doesn't really matter now. You ruined the surprises and mystery. Who gives a shit about Nancy Drew when you already know old man Wilson really did it?
    If the surprises and mystery are the only reasons to play or enjoy a piece of fiction, then there's little reason to return to it beyond the first viewing.

If it's as good as you say, surely it must be worth revisiting, yeah?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Cool, thanks guys. I'm picking up the PS3 version. I remember not listening to the Nier TNL podcast just so I didn't spoil anything.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

If you deprived yourself of Mzo's angelic vocal verberations, you should probably go ahead and play it.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    If it's as good as you say, surely it must be worth revisiting, yeah?
    Yeah, and you can eat pizzas without cheese, but who does that? Weirdos.