Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 414161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The soundtrack really is amazing.

I like how the singer is almost sega saturn/dreamcast level (for better or worse). Knowing Yoko Taro and Platnium, this was intentional. I also like how there is a 16 bit version of the track that sounds very megadrive / PC Engine.

One thing I do hate is just how spoilery the web is with this game. Even music tracks have titles with spoilers. With the first 1 I could google where things were and they just told you. Now they spoil shit. Bullshit.

Really, I would recommend to people getting this in the future to just play the game and beat it. If you get stuck on a quest, just move on. Don't google help. The third play through unlocks quest selection so you can come back to finsih that stuff. Go on black out for this game because youtube, chans, etc, everyone is ruining the key plot points.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 26 Mar 2017 at 11:28 AM.

3. How does the story compare to Undertale?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

I'd say it is as good. But it is also apples to oranges. Undertale had dark bits, but Nier 1 or 2 is darker.

I'd say the weak part of the story is the ending parts of Game A and Game B. I didn't care for the final battle or the bad guy you fought. The last dungion of A and B is some of the darkest shit I've seen in a game. however is pretty good, story wise. Games C, D, and E are all well done.

6. Does Automata reveal that Emil is Sans and Kainé is Undyne?

7. There's a crazy inventor just outside the forest village. Make sure to do all of his quests. The rewards are useful, and the end of his questline is very satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Does Automata reveal that Emil is Sans and Kainé is Undyne?
    Yes.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Besides endings A & K, I just got G.

From what I've heard, Hard mode means it. Equipping the proper chips becomes more important, especially when the enemy damage is a lot higher (1HKOs are possible). After finishing A-E, I'll jack it up the next time.

Kaldaien's FAR (Fix Automata Resolution) mod for the PC version is seriously worth checking out. It can help improve performance.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Besides endings A & K, I just got G.

From what I've heard, Hard mode means it. Equipping the proper chips becomes more important, especially when the enemy damage is a lot higher (1HKOs are possible). After finishing A-E, I'll jack it up the next time.
    Not just possible, but common.

Engels is a real dick in Hard mode.

It's too bad because the combat is really a lot of fun in Hard and I'd really like to get back to the rest of the game but I'm sick of replaying that damn prologue
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood