Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    How does the story compare to Undertale?
    Well, I thought Nier: Automata was great, and Undertale was dogs*t. Is that helpful?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Not just possible, but common.

Engels is a real dick in Hard mode.

It's too bad because the combat is really a lot of fun in Hard and I'd really like to get back to the rest of the game but I'm sick of replaying that damn prologue
    Difficulty can be changed either way during the game. I'll start on Hard for a future playthrough, but if it becomes a problem, I may step back down until the prologue is done. They really could have used a couple save points during that. Getting 1HKOd at the main game is offset somewhat by being able to save.

Self-destruct leaves you with a sliver of health, but I could see it being useful as a last ditch move at higher difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    Well, I thought Nier: Automata was great, and Undertale was dogs*t. Is that helpful?
    Something something fancy dresses.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Difficulty can be changed either way during the game. I'll start on Hard for a future playthrough, but if it becomes a problem, I may step back down until the prologue is done. They really could have used a couple save points during that. Getting 1HKOd at the main game is offset somewhat by being able to save.
    True. A little thing called pride keeps me from changing it up

Hard gives you more chance to explore the nuance of chip/weapon combos. I barely even used the weapon stun mechanic or the combat bracers on Normal!

It's a shame that A2 gets so comparatively little combat sequences when she's such a beast. I'd love to see a DLC package/prequel with A2 and Anemone fighting it out in Pearl Harbor, or anything that gives A2 more things to kill
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    Was the censorship really needed here?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Was the censorship really needed here?
    It's more just not liking myself for choosing that word, really.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. I don't like you for hating Undertale either
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I beat 4 of the 5 main storyline without knowing you could set a weapon to Y. A friend beat A without knowing the right analog controler the camera (wtf, right?)

The game is pretty forgiving on notmal.

I like that it allows different playstyles. I did a lot with chips and items. I upgraded the best sword first thing and used that for melee. He had done nothing with chips but had upgraded all his weapons.

Man it was funny seeing him yell at the shtump parts because didn't know he could rotate with the camera.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I beat 4 of the 5 main storyline without knowing you could set a weapon to Y.
    In fairness only 2 of the 3 playable characters allow you to do this.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Finished the E ending. I would definitely say if you haven't played Nier you should at least watch a story recap since there's a lot in the third playthrough that only makes sense if you know what happened in Nier
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.