Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

1. I didn't even own a computer for a year and a half until a month ago.

Consoles are great.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I've been trying to dream up what could sell me a Neo or a Scorpio at this point, and I'm coming up empty. I already have hardware that will run circles around both of them, Uncharted is over, and Gears and Forza are on PC. The only reasonably likely thing that comes to mind is a Bloodborne sequel, but I'd be hard pressed to buy hardware for one game, even if it is with credit card points.
    I think there is a Valkyria Chronicles rpg coming out. It will probably be a console exclusive. But I think just me and No One care about that. Maybe Finch.

Man, No one and Finch should come over when this comes out on PC. We can connect it to a big tv and eat M&M cookies. Oh and cry, because these games are always weird and sad.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I've been trying to dream up what could sell me a Neo or a Scorpio at this point, and I'm coming up empty. I already have hardware that will run circles around both of them, Uncharted is over, and Gears and Forza are on PC. The only reasonably likely thing that comes to mind is a Bloodborne sequel, but I'd be hard pressed to buy hardware for one game, even if it is with credit card points.
    The last couple years in particular have just been nuts. I've got nearly every Final Fantasy, Ys/Falcom game, and Elder Scrolls/Fallout all in one place. A bunch of Idea Factory/NIS/Spike Chunsoft games previously confined to 3DS and Vita are on Steam now. I can play Street Fighter V, Killer Instinct and Guilty Gear Xrd off the same machine. Add Tekken to that list very soon. And of course, I can play all the PC exclusives and GOG-curated classics I want.

There really isn't a reason to have a console that doesn't say Nintendo on it in 2016. It's not 1994 anymore; shit typically works out of the box* and any display/controller combo you want to use is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Man, No one and Finch should come over when this comes out on PC. We can connect it to a big tv and eat M&M cookies. Oh and cry, because these games are always weird and sad.
    That sounds pretty great, actually.

*When it doesn't work out of the box, I become suicidal and desperately wish I had consoles. I had to do a lot of work getting Killer Instinct up and running at launch.
    Last edited by No One; 18 Aug 2016 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I think there is a Valkyria Chronicles rpg coming out. It will probably be a console exclusive.
    Right, but it's very likely just a vanilla PS4 game, which I already own.

They should put it and the hand held vc games on steam. They could just finish the translation of the unreleased one and throw it up. Fresh money in the bank.

It probably wouldn't break any records but it isn't like it's making money sitting there.

And jrpgs steam to do well during steam sales.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Driveclub VR ;o

That'll be one hell of a lot of credit card points. Like 40,000 for the Neo system, 40,000 for the PSVR, 6,000 for the camera, and 6,000 for the game. I only have 52,000+ points right now, and I only use that card to eat out, because they give triple points for that, because gamers are fat. By the time PSVR is actually available in the Sony Rewards store, I'll probably have eaten enough points I guess. Is my excitement level coming through?

8. Somebody want to update the thread with the actual title? I searched "Nier Automata" and nothing came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. Emil is in, as are Devola and Popola somehow.