Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

I think this is before nier repli

2. I think Yoko said it takes place long after Gestalt/Replicant's 4th ending. That's (I assume) why Emil is still rolling around without a body.

oh man, they picked the saddest ending

4. https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/806875997161156608

NieR: Automata @NieRGame
    The #NieR Automata playable demo will be available worldwide on 22nd December 2016 on PSN!

5. Demo's out now. I've heard good things about it but haven't installed it yet.

I haven't played it yet but watched a few videos. It looks great. You get to fight some huge bots and you can merge with a vicviper/Valkyrie looking thing.

Since nier 1 was a retelling of Ys I/II I wonder if this will be a retelling of MegaMan/Astro boy and the robot masters. The construction bot in the demo could be darker version of megaman's Guts man.

The demo's good. It feels more "Platinum action game" than Nier 2 (which isn't bad; just different) but maybe that's just because the adventure portion isn't playable.

8. Finally tried this. Never played the first Nier so I had no idea this new one is a action game. Seems really cool. Basically Rising and Bayonetta mashed together! Music is good too!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

I don't want to up sell it but the first is worth tracking down. It's cheap and the overall writing is good. At the very least, if you like y's you'll probably like it. The bullet patterns of the bosses are very similar.

Or not. It's a touch bland in places.

10. Finally tried out the demo, definitely feels very Platinum, I'm excited for the game now
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.