Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    It's the diet. It's simply too much meat!
    I'd hope not. I just got an email about him reporting a post here. I don't see anything close to "hate speech" in this thread.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

You probably haven't beaten nier either.

3. I got all five main endings for Nier: Automata, four of the other endings, and then nuked my game save. I feel like I got the full NieR experience. I'll probably revisit it in a few weeks to get the other 18 or so endings I missed, and round out my trophies. Did I miss some of the references? Sure. But to pick up on everything I'd have to play the entire Drakengard series, and I definitely don't have that kind of time. I really appreciate what Yoko Taro, Platinum and company were trying to do with this game, and I feel bad about not playing NieR the first time around. I'll get around to it eventually.

Good enough?

I hope Finch forgives me
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Better to just beat the first game then. There is almost no reason to go back and play the first game if you spoil the story. A big part of what makes that game unique is how the game design is used to enhance and explore the narrative. Parts of the game mechanics actually give energy to the story. If you ruin the story with a video, you will miss out on the uniqueness of how the two were interwoven together. Instead you will have a handful of novel ideas you saw on youtube, and a generic 3d hack and slash rpg. The greatness of Nier 1 is how all the little bits connect and work together. Fuck with the recipe at all and you get a lack luster jumbled mess.

But hey, I guess I'm fucking with the recipe by pointing that out, as the game has to be taken at face value. Any hype at all will also sour the experience.
    Time is limited man

It is. But I bet he'll find time for some inferior shit.

6. Not if you live forever

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I got all five main endings for Nier: Automata, four of the other endings, and then nuked my game save. I feel like I got the full NieR experience. I'll probably revisit it in a few weeks to get the other 18 or so endings I missed, and round out my trophies. Did I miss some of the references? Sure. But to pick up on everything I'd have to play the entire Drakengard series, and I definitely don't have that kind of time. I really appreciate what Yoko Taro, Platinum and company were trying to do with this game, and I feel bad about not playing NieR the first time around. I'll get around to it eventually.

Good enough?

I hope Finch forgives me
    Not really. They are two different games. Nier 2 us just as much a platinum title as anything else.

And you are recommending people to also ruin the experience.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    get the other 18 or so endings
    Good lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Multi-endings strike me as the dev couldn't come up with one good ending (not saying this is the case).

10. (i bet that's the case)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!