Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

1. I had to do that as a kid due to a milk allergy. Thankfully I grew out of it.

(it's still pretty good)

On my third play through. Jeebus this gets a lot harder.

3. So if I want to fully appreciate this game, I need to play the first one, but if I want to fully appreciate *that*, I need to play a bunch of Dragon Riders of Pern games going back to the Magnavox Odyssey or whatever? Is this rabbit hole *really* worth going down?
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 23 Mar 2017 at 05:02 AM. Reason: it's Pern not Perth you idiot, that's a real place in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. You have to personally speak to Anne McCaffrey to know the specifics of how Caim and Angelus ended up in New York, it's a sworn secret and you die right away if you tell it otherwise ,__, i had no idea she died, those were my favorite books in middle school

There's seriously a lot of shit if you want to get to the bottom, and you'd really have to go back to Drakengard 1. I'm not sure all of the supplemental material is even translated. I know i haven't gone through all of it. There's some stuff in Drakengard 3 no one ever talks about because there were 3 people that played it that liked that garbage-ass game i love that garbage ass game
    Last edited by Finch; 23 Mar 2017 at 05:29 AM.
    Donk

5. I really wanted to play Drakengard 3 but it didn't come around until my PS3 was practically boxed up for good, and I kept hoping for a PS4 BC/HD remake release of some type.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    So if I want to fully appreciate this game, I need to play the first one, but if I want to fully appreciate *that*, I need to play a bunch of Dragon Riders of Pern games going back to the Magnavox Odyssey or whatever? Is this rabbit hole *really* worth going down?
    No. No one is saying you should play the dragon games first. Not even Finch. They extrapulated the Nier games out of one ending that most people never got. Part of what makes Nier great is the mystery. All you need to know about the dragon games will be in Nier. This can't be said for drakegarud. You can learn about that 1 specific ending and still enjoy those games later.

EDIT: I would even say Nier 1 is better if you hadn't played Drak at all. Then the reveal towards the end is bigger. Most people probably didn't even know the series were connected around the release of Nier. It was only after interviews with the director and supplemental material was released that it was said point blank, "yes, this is the future of one of the endings to dragonbanna"
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Mar 2017 at 07:38 AM.

7. How long is an Automata playthrough?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post
    How long is an Automata playthrough?
    12-15 hours on Normal difficulty. Each subsequent playthrough is about half that.

Might take longer if you do the subquests (which I recommend).
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Do I have to do anything special in my playthrough to get through the game and see the real ending?
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. Nope
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.