Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

1. Guys, I heard Nier is a homage to Ys. Confirm/Deny?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

2. I heard yellerdog is commenting in every thread now

3. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    Guys, I heard Nier is a homage to Ys. Confirm/Deny?
    More of a tribute, really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Good ole in joke smug TNL. And here I thought that was dead.

5. NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

It appears that you can take control of any non-boss robot in the game. I haven't figured out how to return to your original body after doing this, other than doing a manual save/reload or committing suicide.

I really like how the game uses perspective to play with the narrative, in a way that subverts the expectations of players of the original Nier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sleeve; 19 Mar 2017 at 09:28 PM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

6. I hear sleeve sends all his posts from his iphone using tapatalk.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I hear sleeve sends all his posts from his iphone using tapatalk.
    BUSTED

8. I got this today. It's nice.

It really is. MC is animated as good as Alucard from SOTN. Moving around is fun. She even has a speed run similar to the wolf form.

I'm still a bit frustrated with the battle mechanics. It doesn't appear that they intended for you to use bot attacks while doing melee.

Like, you bot target with left trigger, and bot laser/special with left top button. And the camera is right analog, and melee is x and Y. Then normal bot shot is right top botton.

I'm having to do some serious hand acrobatics to fight with the robot and sword at the same time while controlling the camera.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm still a bit frustrated with the battle mechanics. It doesn't appear that they intended for you to use bot attacks while doing melee.
    Try the melee pod special attacks! The hammer is pretty useful, especially in the forest. And don't forget you can counterattack after doing a perfect evade. There's 3 different counters: hit R1 for a massive gun blast, and the light attack/heavy attack counters vary depending on equipped weapon.

(It took me a while to figure out the counter system; the game isn't super clear about it :/)