Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

1. Yeah, as neat as Nier's story and its willingness to screw around with play styles is, best RPG is a little much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I don't see anyone suggesting that people skip Lost Odyssey
    No one gives a shit about Lost Odyssey. Find me the Mzo and Finch Lost Odyssey pod cast.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    It is really cool.

I never played the original NieR, but it's not a problem.

Watch one of the YouTube NieR plot summary videos and you'll be good. There's a 2-part one by some English dude that's pretty entertaining (about 30-40 minutes total).

Do you have a link to those videos?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I don't see anyone suggesting that people skip Lost Odyssey
    LO is awesome. Too bad it is not more like Ys derp.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Do you have a link to those videos?

Finding the Plot: Nier part 2

Covers all the bases, IMO.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Y'all are the worst people. I can't fathom why anyone would want to ruin one of the few original rpgs to leave japan in the last decade.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Y'all are the worst people. I can't fathom why anyone would want to ruin one of the few original rpgs to leave japan in the last decade.
    NieR: Automata throws a TON of NieR story elements at you in later playthroughs, so it's better to know what they are than to miss all the references.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Better to just beat the first game then. There is almost no reason to go back and play the first game if you spoil the story. A big part of what makes that game unique is how the game design is used to enhance and explore the narrative. Parts of the game mechanics actually give energy to the story. If you ruin the story with a video, you will miss out on the uniqueness of how the two were interwoven together. Instead you will have a handful of novel ideas you saw on youtube, and a generic 3d hack and slash rpg. The greatness of Nier 1 is how all the little bits connect and work together. Fuck with the recipe at all and you get a lack luster jumbled mess.

But hey, I guess I'm fucking with the recipe by pointing that out, as the game has to be taken at face value. Any hype at all will also sour the experience.

9. Cheeks, What the heck is going on with you today man?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. It's the diet. It's simply too much meat!
    Boo, Hiss.