Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91921222324 LastLast

Thread: NieR: Automata (PS4) Yoko Tuttaro x Platinum

Did you beat the first one?

2. Somehow I never played. Do I need to before this?
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. no

It would be good if you did. Just don't be a douch and watch a plot summary, ruining one of the best rpgd to leave Japan for the ps3/360

5. You don’t NEED to play OG Nier first to appreciate Automata, but you absolutely SHOULD. It’s a great game (well, more like a great experience - the actual gameplay is admittedly pretty mediocre, but worth putting up with for everything else about the game), and playing Automata first will ruin it.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 27 Jun 2018 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. I don't see how playing Automata first would ruin it, Automata barely touches on anything from the first.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Like a true douch (apologies to cheeks) I watched a YouTube summary of the first Nier and was glad I did. I caught I couple of things I would have missed had I not catched up on the first game. But you can still play Automata without missing too much.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I don't see how playing Automata first would ruin it, Automata barely touches on anything from the first.
    When you realize what most of the earth's population is made of, it kind of ruins the ending of the first one. You'll already have a vague idea of the outcome necessary for the world of automata.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Like a true douch (apologies to cheeks) I watched a YouTube summary of the first Nier and was glad I did. I caught I couple of things I would have missed had I not catched up on the first game. But you can still play Automata without missing too much.
    You're only glad because you don't know better. You don't know what you gave up.

10. Picked up the Xbox version yesterday. I'm in love with this game.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.