Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Pick a TV

1. Isn't there a thing with subpixels or something where a lot of 1080p sets only output 4:2:2, but a 4k TV will output 1080p at 4:4:4? That's one reason to go 4k even if you aren't expecting 4k content.

1080i is used in Over The Air broadcasts, and your dish or cable is going to compress the hell out of that anyway. There's some 4k streaming content out there but I think we're a ways out before it becomes close to common.

I just learned about HDR with the PS4 Pro announcement and that's the feature I'm most interested in for my next TV.

2. And there are 2 formats for HDR. Dolby and HDR10. XBO S supports 10, did Sony say what the went with? I think there are very few TV sets that currently do both.

Since they're both using an AMD GPU, I'd be surprised if they have different standards.

4. I just read that Pro supports neither because it doesn't have HDMI 2.0a. Those 2 HDR specs require that hardware standard. Allegedly.

5. Scratch the above, they're supporting HDR10.

6. I did a shitload of research and have decided that the Samsung 55in KS8000 is for me. I'm just going to wait a little longer for a bit cheaper price. Best Buy had an open box one a little cheaper but not cheap enough for something tha isn't brand new.

I feel like I know too much about this stuff now....
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

So I was told to use this thread and the last post is from 2016...

8. I asked you what you meant by big and was ignored.

9. Last post looks like March 15th 2017.

10. I'll say again, Vizio has some sets that are sup 1 frame of lag. rtings.com is probably the best site I know of for checking how different models of tvs stack up.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.